• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lotto #17

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
Welcome to Lotto #17!

Actually, it's not really anything new. Since we were running thin on participants for 2 groups the past few drawings, it'll be condensed into one group. The lotto has been tweaked some to promote participation and to give incentives for playing! :D The same rules as before apply (so there's nothing to learn). But for reference sake, I'm going to reiterate them below.

Rules:
- Winner will be determined by the FIRST number of the Texas Pick 3 NIGHT Lotto.

- The winner will be sent 2 "tasty sticks. Please, no dog rockets or cheapies. This is a lottery... the winner SHOULD get something decent. Let's keep it in the $4+ per stick range. Nothing really fancy, but nothing to crummy either. IF you've already included the 2 "tasty" sticks, you can include whatever else you want... if anything. However, this part is not required.

- If the winner feels like someone slighted them, PM me (vewyphishy) with what sticks are in question. I'll get an average price value from a variety of online vendors. If it is clear that the sticks are far below value, the sender of those sticks will be removed from all future lottos... no questions asked.

- If the winning number is repeated in the set (ie: 5 - 2 - 5), then 3 "tasty" sticks will be sent per person to the winner. If for some crazy luck strikes and all three numbers are the same (ie: 5 - 5 - 5), then the winner will get 4 "tasty" sticks per person!

- Please have the winnings out to the winner no later than the next drawing (2 weeks). That should be ample time. However, we all know that sometimes, life happens. If that is the case, just let the winner (or myself) know. That's all. :)

- IF the demand for the lotto exceeds the 10 spots, there'll be a waiting list.

*** If there are any suggestions or comments about these rules, please let me know ASAP. The next drawing will be Feb. 28th as to not interere with the other lottos. :thumbs:

#0 - geldor1 - WINNER
#1 - Big100HD
#2 - blair
#3 - psyktek
#4 - aLostTexan
#5 - guito60
#6 - Vewyphishy
#7 - lumberg
#8 - MonkeyK
#9 - piratelooks

geldor1 said:
Hmmm. I'm going to have to wait and hear the details first, lest they read "All entrants must send an admission fee premium cigar package care of VewyPhishy..."

As I understand it the $5+ is going price not MSRP. Assuming this is correct I am in.

Lumberg said:
As I understand it the $5+ is going price not MSRP. Assuming this is correct I am in.
I'm going to take a line from the High-End Lotto...

If you are paying $8 for a common $4 stick, you need to find another tobacconist.

:D

For this lotto, if you're paying $5 or more for a $2 or $3 stick, that won't fly. However, if there's a discrepency (as mentioned in the rules), then I'll be checking online vendors for their current price on those sticks. If they're only charging MSRP, then you'll be S.O.L.

It would be a shame for a participant to be ousted from the Lotto over a slight price difference. Better to be safe than sorry, right? :)

Since I am a charter member of the lotto's on CP, I want to keep my #4.

ALostTexan

vewyphishy said:
Lumberg said:
I'm going to take a line from the High-End Lotto...

If you are paying $8 for a common $4 stick, you need to find another tobacconist.

:D

For this lotto, if you're paying $5 or more for a $2 or $3 stick, that won't fly. However, if there's a discrepency (as mentioned in the rules), then I'll be checking online vendors for their current price on those sticks. If they're only charging MSRP, then you'll be S.O.L.

It would be a shame for a participant to be ousted from the Lotto over a slight price difference. Better to be safe than sorry, right? :)
OK. that's what I meant, as far as going price. By going price I mean an average of what CI, JRs, etc charge not some gouging local tobacconist.

So let me rephrase this:

by $5 or more you mean cigars that cannot be found for less than $5 at well-known online merchants.

How's that?

JC

You CAN send a stick that's worth more than $5 that you got for less than $5. There's no problem with that.

FYI. The per stick is now $4. :thumbs:

Numero tres has been berry berry good to me, so I'd like to keep it, if you please. :D

If Numero "Uno" is available - great... if not whatever's next is good too.

Good luck everyone.....

Let me get this straight.....If I buy a stick for $8 and it's worth $10 I can't trade it for a stick worth $4? But if I get a stick for $2 and it's worth $5 that's ok? But I'm good at buying $2 sticks for $5....what do I do this those?

Big100HD said:

Good luck everyone.....

Let me get this straight.....If I buy a stick for $8 and it's worth $10 I can't trade it for a stick worth $4? But if I get a stick for $2 and it's worth $5 that's ok? But I'm good at buying $2 sticks for $5....what do I do this those?
Is it just me or did I not understand any of that? :p Wanna try that again?

Big100HD said:

Good luck everyone.....

uh... yes? No wait! I mean no!

...no wait, Who is on first base. What's on second. Or, is who pitching?

I don't know... someone else give it a try.

:sign:

Hmmmm, number 3 hass come up last in the last two drawings, so it's due to rotate around to the front tonight.

Get those USPS boxes ready, guys!! :sign: