• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

LOTTO with a new twist #3

Big Slim Junior

It's time for #3! Everyone who played last time is still on the roster. If you do not wish to play this time around just post in this thread or send a PM to me so your number can be made available. If you're not on the roster and wish to play, please post a note in this thread. First come, first served. Everyone is welcome to participate.

Please note: Your place on this week's lotto will be forfieted if you haven't made arrangements for payment on Lotto #2 by Monday the 15th.

The Rules

+ The next drawing will be on March 20th, 2004 at 6:25pm (Central Time) – MN Lottery Daily 3. The middle number of the three will determine our winner (i.e. numbers 1-2-3 are drawn; the person with number 2 will win the cigar lotto).

+ Prizes - Each of the other nine players will contribute to the purchase of a box of PARTAGAS BLACK BRAVOs (4.5 x 54) for the winner. For this lotto, each person's contribution will be $7. SmokeAll with cover shipping.

+ Sending prizes - You must order your prize pack by end of business on Friday, March 26th. The folks at SmokeAll will then box up the order and send it directly to the winner. Contact Smokeall at 877-958-5200 to place your order. They will aready have the the player roster and winner info when you call. Please post in this thread when you have made your order.

+ Receiving Prizes - The winner is responsible for posting a message in this thread when they receive their prize. Also, a little “thanks” goes a long way.;-)

Thanks again to Don at SmokeAll for his participation.

Numbers -
0 - SD_Stack
1 - Bat_Chief
2 - blair
3 - piratelooks
4 - geldor1
5 - Davela
6 - Big Slim Junior
7 - dixieland_conjunction
8 - Triple_D
9 - psyktek

Big Slim Junior said:
Please note: Your place on this week's lotto will be forfieted if you haven't made arrangements for payment on Lotto #2 by Monday the 15th.
Darn! :angry: Do you mean to tell me that I could have waited until today to get my payment to Don. I was sure last Friday was the last day. I sure wish I would have known about the "NEW" Monday deadline. I would have sure waited.

I guess that next time, I can safely wait until the 29th instead of the stated 26th.

Right!? :sneaky:

Oh... I'm still in. Thanks to Brotha Don. :thumbs:

I'm still in! Dave just reminded me that I was, in fact, in on the last lotto, so I'm calling SmokeAll today to put in my order.

Davela, my apologies for making you wait for the last of your winnings! :(

Well, Don wasn't in yet, so I'll be trying back with SmokeAll in the next couple of hours.

Yup! Also a Substance Abuse Counselor.

Almost forgot; talked to Don at SmokeAll, your order is on its way. :D

Well what do you know.I am going on my 20th year as a CD counselor.13 to 18 year olds.You know I look forward to that cigar on the way home,working with that population.. Later Dave

davela said:
Well what do you know.I am going on my 20th year as a CD counselor.13 to 18 year olds.You know I look forward to that cigar on the way home,working with that population.. Later Dave
Worked with the same age group for about 15 years (seemed much longer toward the end) before I switched to an adult population and then went for the CD training.

I stopped with the kids when I realized it was them or me, and there were a lot more of them. :sign:

I actually really like the CD population, even with all the defenses, rationalization, denial and outright lying. :p

I realized something interesting the other day: female clients hardly ever mention their homes, cars, toys, etc. but male clients inevitably get around to it, even if only to describe what they're about to lose. ???

and yes, this IS a threadjack. :sign: :love:

For next time, how about the PAN (no PAMs in stock) sampler? With shipping, it would probably be $7/person again. :thumbs:

I don't even care for them that much, but when **ahem, sorry**, I mean "if" :D I won and could try 5 different PAN's, I'd probably find at least one I did like.

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
For next time, how about the PAN (no PAMs in stock) sampler? With shipping, it would probably be $7/person again. :thumbs:

I don't even care for them that much, but when **ahem, sorry**, I mean "if" :D I won and could try 5 different PAN's, I'd probably find at least one I did like.

Cheers,
Dixie
Good suggestion. I wouldn't mind getting some naturals. Other ideas I'm looking at are Cohiba XV, Joya De Nicaragua Antano, and LGC.

Just talked to Don and the PAMs are a nogo due to the one stoge that is made just for the sampler. He's put aside a PAN for us if we want that for next time.

Also, would anyone have any problems if we streamlined the ordering process? If Don already has your info, can he just hit your card and ship the order after we declare a winner? That saves everybody some time. That said, everyone who hasn't should state whether they're in or out. I'll PM everyone tonight who hasn't stated a preference.

Big Slim Junior said:
He's put aside a PAN for us if we want that for next time.

Also, would anyone have any problems if we streamlined the ordering process?
Great!

....and, I was wondering myself if there were a way for him to do that. I would definitely prefer he just charge it cause I'd hate to forget one week :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie

Just thought I'd toss another idea out there....

Because our group of 10 surely has very varied tastes, what if what we won each week were just a store credit at SmokeAll? Like if we decided on $7/person /lotto, the winner would have $63 to go on a shopping spree at SmokeAll. That way, the winner would be sure to get something(s) he'd really like :thumbs:

Also, perhaps Don would be willing to offer a 5-10% discount to the winner since the group is committing to a regularly scheduled purchase of a certain amount ???

Just thought I'd toss that one out there.

Cheers,
Dixie

Because our group of 10 surely has very varied tastes, what if what we won each week were just a store credit at SmokeAll? Like if we decided on $7/person /lotto, the winner would have $63 to go on a shopping spree at SmokeAll. That way, the winner would be sure to get something(s) he'd really like :thumbs:

Also, perhaps Don would be willing to offer a 5-10% discount to the winner since the group is committing to a regularly scheduled purchase of a certain amount ???

Cheers,
Dixie
I'm reluctant to just play for store credit. To me, it's like getting a gift certificate. I'd rather get a decent present. It's a minimal investment to get what I think are relatively interesting cigars. As for discounts, Don is already knocking a little off the retail prices for us and covering shipping.

I started this lotto with the idea that everyone would know what the prize would be up front. That way there'd be no disappointment or bickering about weak prize packs. Plus, half the fun for me is figuring out what we're playing for each time. :)

Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea and I think we might be able to make it work for a particular week. It would ultimately be up to Don. We might even want to make that particular lotto something more special and up the ante a little.

Keep those ideas coming. :thumbs:

Big Slim Junior said:

Cheers,
Dixie
I'm reluctant to just play for store credit. To me, it's like getting a gift certificate. I'd rather get a decent present. It's a minimal investment to get what I think are relatively interesting cigars. As for discounts, Don is already knocking a little off the retail prices for us and covering shipping.

I started this lotto with the idea that everyone would know what the prize would be up front. That way there'd be no disappointment or bickering about weak prize packs. Plus, half the fun for me is figuring out what we're playing for each time. :)

Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea and I think we might be able to make it work for a particular week. It would ultimately be up to Don. We might even want to make that particular lotto something more special and up the ante a little.

Keep those ideas coming. :thumbs:
That's cool :thumbs: I like trying to come up with new ideas each lotto too :D

Cheers,
Dixie

It's true. I can't believe it! Davela wins... again! Dave, you must be livin' right. Congrats. :p Don will just hit everybody's cards who played last time. Geldor1 is the only person who needs to contact SmokeAll with his info. Thanks everybody. :thumbs: