• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lowering the humidity in the humidor

One of my humidor's just jumped to 77% from 69% RH with the massive weather change... the other 2 only saw a 3 point jump that puts them into the high 60's

The tupedor is finally at 65%... I gotta get more moisture in there.

vewyphishy said:
I left my digital hydrometer out of the box overnight just to see what the readings would show. Temperature was as expected (room temp, about 74°) and RH was down to about 63-65%. Wouldn't it be ideal to just leave the lid open? What would the point of the humidor be?

One other thing... those "beads" you're talking about... are they actual beads or the crystals that I saw on the website?
I have the same problem. It stays pretty humid here in Alabama. ~55% in my house. I hate it.
Have you done a salt test on your hydrometer? Make sure the problem isn't your hydrometer before you go to any extremes. :p

blair said:
vewyphishy said:
I left my digital hydrometer out of the box overnight just to see what the readings would show. Temperature was as expected (room temp, about 74°) and RH was down to about 63-65%. Wouldn't it be ideal to just leave the lid open? What would the point of the humidor be?

One other thing... those "beads" you're talking about... are they actual beads or the crystals that I saw on the website?
I have the same problem. It stays pretty humid here in Alabama. ~55% in my house. I hate it.
Have you done a salt test on your hydrometer? Make sure the problem isn't your hydrometer before you go to any extremes. :p
yeah... this one is 2% high.