• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MAC GURUS

bought my new HD today takin er' from the stock 30g to 100g and 7200 speed...
Ironically, I buy the drive and the biatch boots and is operating. Oh how I feel mocked!

At least you got plenty of space now!

So it booted before you installed the new drive?

Ironically, I buy the drive and the biatch boots and is operating. Oh how I feel mocked!

Yes.
The mockery from it is deafening- Right now it is running updates and not even breaking a sweat. DAMN MAC- ugggh- It did this the moment I got my confirmation from the purchase of the new drive-
Funny enough I am gonna do more mods since I have to open it up... I am gonna attempt to paint the case since my screen mount is a lil flimsy- anywhoo... Once done I might post some pics

I had a buddy who had a drive that wouldn't spin up. On a hunch, he put it in the freezer for a couple of hours and the thing started working...!! At least long enough to get the data off the drive....then, we took the offending drive shooting.... :laugh:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Yes.
The mockery from it is deafening- Right now it is running updates and not even breaking a sweat. DAMN MAC- ugggh- It did this the moment I got my confirmation from the purchase of the new drive-
Funny enough I am gonna do more mods since I have to open it up... I am gonna attempt to paint the case since my screen mount is a lil flimsy- anywhoo... Once done I might post some pics

Were you running any anti-virus programs?

Were you running any anti-virus programs?

Uhm nope, I guess I grew complacent to the fact that mac isn't know for catching cooties.... Alas- I run stock stuff no third party anti virus.

I am typing on the mac as we speak, fuggin machine is mocking me... Oh well she is going, not flying, but not studdering either- go figure... Damn murphy's law!

finally!
Got it cracked, the HD has bent pins. I will post pics when I get a chance.

Hey BBS - How did that hard drive shoot? :laugh:

Cheekie - Sorry to hear about all the trouble, but at least you'll get a chance to rescue your info. I've worked on lots of computers where the drive goes bad and that's it...no recovery (for a reasonable amount of $$) possible. Mocking you? Or maybe just cutting you a break.....

Cheekie - Sorry to hear about all the trouble, but at least you'll get a chance to rescue your info. I've worked on lots of computers where the drive goes bad and that's it...no recovery (for a reasonable amount of $$) possible. Mocking you? Or maybe just cutting you a break.....

J I kept photos on discs- emails on an external achived, audios and media are all gone- but I can give a darn-
After recently getting my feet wet on buisness owning - I plan to use this book just for that. Financials and such.

...darn good, actually:

hard_drive_shooting.jpg

....44 Mag is the best "bulk eraser" I've ever used..... :laugh:

Regards - B.B.S.