• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Macanudo 1968

Anthem

Stay Thankful
Ok I am a newb here, so please forgive me if it sounds like I am trying to advertise for Macanudo.

I just want to say that this cigar was amazing to me. I am not at all a Macanudo fan, but this smoke is so good.

Has anyone tried it and what did you think?

I have smoked a few and think they are a good smoke but are a little on the pricey side. I ordered the sampler for them that was $9.95 for 3 of them. The only time I have seen them at a B&M they were around $10 a piece.

You are advertising for Macanudo. What does amazing and so good mean? I have had several as I got one of the first production boxes. It is better than I would expect from Macanudo. Somewhat fuller and more complex flavors......yada yada yada, but amazing it is certainly not. Amazing is a 20+ year old Davidoff. Unless you mean it's amazing that Macanudo has produced a cigar that acutally has some flavor.

Here's what I said about the one I smoked on another thread:

Young and wet, but not bad at all. Some nice cocoa and fruit flavors popped in and out. At this point, they do seem to suffer a little from the tendency of some makers to confuse strong with full-flavored. A few puffs reminded me (in a distant way) of A.F. Anejos. I think they have the potential to mellow out and gel into something good.

If they were six bucks a pop, I might buy a box and let it sit for a couple/few years to see what happens when there's less strength and more flavor. At $8.50, I won't, although I might grab a couple of singles to see how they turn out.

A good effort overall by General. And that's not something I often say...

I had one monday night during the game and I did enjoy it. I think I paid 4 or 5 bucks for it

I bought the 3 stick sampler as well. It starts off good, but the one I had got boring and unimpressive about 1/2 way in, imho. Better than the other Mac's, but still not something I would buy regularly at the normal price.

A quick search on "Macanudo" AND "1968" will turn up many comments and reviews on this cigar. Give it a go.

Wilkey

.....but amazing it is certainly not. Amazing is a 20+ year old Davidoff.

Unless you mean it's amazing that Macanudo has produced a cigar that acutally has some flavor.
I couldn't agree more. :thumbs:

Funny,

It is amazing in the way that it is a good Macanudo with flavor.

I can only dream of a 20 year old Davidoff.

I enjoy them quite a bit as well. I'm actually smoking one right now with a glass of crown.

Like always, our likes and dislikes are subjective, but I am going to weigh in on the Macanudo 1968 in a couple of week on my Stogie Fresh 5 podcast. If nothing else, I'll give you some background on the cigar and a full description.

Doc