• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maduro advice for an newbie

cigars&rum

"I changed my profile Rod"
I have been enjoying Ashton Aged Maduro #40 lately. Is anyone willing to suggest
another maduro. I can't seem to get enough of them.

Thanks,
The newest newbie

C&R

My favorite maduros are:
Padron
La Gloria Cubana
Fuente
Placensia TKO
Montecristo Buena Fortuna
Partagas Black
CAO Anni Maduro and Brazilia

Emo

also being a newbie puke :D , i have had the padron maddie 2000's and delicio's (sp?) and they are great tasting smokes. also the CAO's are reasonable and very flavorfull. Emo's recomendations are a great starting point.

sancho panza double maduro
edge by rocky patel maduro
camacho diploma maduro
romeo & juliet reserve maduro

for a cheaper daily smoke try the Sancho Panza Double Maduro... plus my favs are

La Gloria Cubana Serie #5 maduro
CAO Brazilia
Padron 2,3,4000
Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur 1066
Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro
La Flor Dominica Double Ligero Maduro (VERY strong smoke)

...and of course, any list would NOT be complete without the following!
Padron Anniversary 1964 in maduro :love:
Padron Serie 1926 in maduro :love:

Be ready for the onslaught of Padron recommendations! ;)

...and with good reason.

All the way from Padron's "budget" smokes (i.e. , 2000, 3000, 5000 etc.), to the 1964 Aniversarios, to the Serie 1926's.
It's hard to go wrong with maduro-wrapped Padrons.

Since my budget has forced me to cut down on my cigar spending, I have be smokeing more modest priced cigars. But good cigars are still available.

I will 2nd the Placensia TKO's. Its a nice little and affordable smoke. I also have been smokeing CONSUEGRA's (#70 I think). These seconds are great tasting and the only flaws I have noticed are with irregular caps, nothing bothersome.

...also, if you're into very full-bodied cigars, La Flor Dominicana's Chisels (maduro-wrapped) are delights.

Punch Rothchild Double Maduro
Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro
Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur

Those have been really good.

I have to second a couple of the ones listed above:

CAO Brazilia
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero

I'll also add one more:

La Aurora Preferidos Maduro (red tube)

I would have to go with the AVO maduros...and of course the Cao anniversary one..my personal favourite smoke

Thanks to all for the recommendations and feeling welcome!

C&R

...while not expensive, the Trilogy "Exotic Maduro's" are dandys, IMHO. I split a box of the torps with a buddy and they are wonderful daily smokers. Can't go wrong with the Sancho Panza Double Maduro's, either..... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

I am also a big fan of the Ashton Maduros. I also suggest the Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro :thumbs:

young jedi...there is only one maduro.... the padron maduro. do or do not...there is no try.

.while not expensive, the Trilogy "Exotic Maduro's" are dandys, IMHO. I split a box of the torps with a buddy and they are wonderful daily smokers.

Ok I will second that comment. These were very good.

In case you haven't caught on Padron X000 Maduro.

Also, CAO anni maduro and eXtreme and the Fuente 858 maduro are all good cheap maduros.

opusxfiles said:
young jedi...there is only one maduro.... the padron maduro. do or do not...there is no try.
[snapback]187424[/snapback]​

Master OpusXfiles is right, IMHO.

Although I get alot of people coming into the T-Box thinking maduro is always stronger than nattie. I think this is wrong. Maduro, IMHO, seems to be stronger. My thoughts are, if you love it in natural, try it in maduro, unless they don't make it in maddie! lol, good luck jedi!

I would add

El Ray Del Mundo Rectangulare Maduro
Perdomo2 maduros
Indian Tabac Deluxe Maduro