• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mag - 46

Ironworker

CP's Official Construction Contractor
Reaction score
I just smoked my first ever Mag- 46 and I am seriously impressed with this cigar.

I got home from work and had shipments from various sources today.

Upmann Mag -46
Upmann Anniversary Series, Box of 40/ Awesome box! (CBid) I will post pictures later.
La Gloria Serie R #5 (Pepper Time!)

The Mag 46 is one of the best cigars I smoked yet. The cigars are so soft and oily it’s like they were rolled last week.
It makes me think my Humidor isn't set right because they are so chewy.

Let me know if that’s normal.
I have another 5 boxes of assorted cigars and a few samplers still to come :whistling:

Rich

Ironworker said:
I have another 5 boxes of assorted cigars and a few samplers still to come :whistling:

Rich
[snapback]193986[/snapback]​

You're worse than I am. And that is NOT good. :p :thumbs:

Very nice smoke. This is my go to habano.. never disappointed..
Although the newer ones i recently got look kind of rough.. But smoked wonderfully.. I think they need more time.

Ok, here are a couple pics of the other box of cigars. PICS

When you bought your Mags were they ever so chewy? I mean like a piece of freaking candy? (Drooling)

One more thing. The seals on the box of ISOMS were broken but everything seemed to be intact.
I don't know a lot about cigars but every habano I have ever smoked has a distinctive taste.

Thanks - Richard

Several boxes of Mag 46's sleeping in the coolers, but that post and pic made remember yet again how much I love them. Like someone here said a few months ago, "Buy until it hurts."

...wanders off to order yet more Mag 46's...

xraydoc1 said:
Several boxes of Mag 46's sleeping in the coolers, but that post and pic made remember yet again how much I love them. Like someone here said a few months ago, "Buy until it hurts."

...wanders off to order yet more Mag 46's...
[snapback]194004[/snapback]​

When you said "Several boxes" that made me think I better order some more of these. Thats just how damn good they are.

Rich.

The vendor could have shipped them wet or your humi might just be too high. But that's unlikely if you just got them.

What's your box-code? And it's totally legit for a vendor to check everything before sending. That's why the seal was broken. :)

Ironworker said:
Ok, here are a couple pics of the other box of cigars. PICS

When you bought your Mags were they ever so chewy? I mean like a piece of freaking candy? (Drooling)

One more thing. The seals on the box of ISOMS were broken but everything seemed to be intact.
I don't know a lot about cigars but every habano I have ever smoked has a distinctive taste.

Thanks - Richard
[snapback]193989[/snapback]​
Like Cliff said, some vendors open the boxes to inspect them prior to shipping. Sometimes they add extra bubblewrap to protect the cigars during shipping. You can request that the vendor NOT break the seal if you're that concerned but I prefer them to break the seal, inspect the cigars and add additional protection as necessary ;)

I like these but prefer SLR Serie A over a Mag 46 more often than not. A Sig IV is also another nice Corona Gordas ;) as well as an RG CE if you can find them. I like to smoke different cigars every day because if I smoke the SAME cigar constantly, I get sick of them. The Mag 46 is definitely in my rotation :thumbs:

Nice...Nice (note to self...dont read posts about good cuban cigars especially ones with pics while smoking a $4 punch rothcild) ???

Love the Mag 46's. Every box I've ever had shipped has the seal broken and has been inspected or with bubble wrap inserted.

The only sealed boxes have been when I was shopping in person, and I had them open the boxes in the store to check before buying.

wicked stick said:
Hell I have one and have not Smoked it yet I will try tonight. Iron how do you like concord living? :)
[snapback]194112[/snapback]​

I have lived in the Bay Area my whole life. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Your pretty close. Give me a PM when you know you might be in town and we can get together and smoke a couple.

Rich

coventrycat86 said:
I like these but prefer SLR Serie A over a Mag 46 more often than not. A Sig IV is also another nice Corona Gordas ;) as well as an RG CE if you can find them. I like to smoke different cigars every day because if I smoke the SAME cigar constantly, I get sick of them. The Mag 46 is definitely in my rotation :thumbs:
[snapback]194055[/snapback]​

I've really liked the few Mag 46s that I have smoked. I recently smoked my first SLR Serie A...thought it was a bit lighter than the Mag, but had fantastic flavor. Have one more to sample :) . I just ordered a box of the RG CE. Really looking forward to that cigar hitting the doorstep :p .

Just burned one these and paired it with a glass of George T. Stagg :) . It just doesn't get any better than this .....ahhhhhhhhhhhh, both were absolutly perfect.

:cool:

I like Upmanns, DR or otherwise.
Are those Aniversary's much different than the 140th Aniversarys?
I still have some of them.

Now a question I would really like answered...

I never had a Mag-46, but I have had Sir Winstons,
are they that much different in flavor?
Several people have Mags-46 on wish lists, and several
people have spoke well of them. Don't see that on the Sir Winstons.

Curious.. :(

maltman said:
I like Upmanns, DR or otherwise.
Are those Aniversary's much different than the 140th Aniversarys?
I still have some of them.

Now a question I would really like answered...

I never had a Mag-46, but I have had Sir Winstons,
are they that much different in flavor?
Several people have Mags-46 on wish lists, and several
people have spoke well of them. Don't see that on the Sir Winstons.

Curious.. :(
[snapback]195128[/snapback]​

I find that all the different vitolas of H. Upmanns that I've smoked all have that unique "H. Upmann" flavor which is one of my "top six" Havanas. I used to be a big fan of churchills and DCs but lately, my favorite size is the Corona Gordas which is why I prefer Mag 46s over Sir Winstons and Monarcas.

CC is right about the SLR Serie A and the RG CE. They are very tasty.

..that reminds me - gotta go order more SLR Serie A and RG CE ...