• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mailing scales question

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
This has been discussed before but I thought I would do a fresh survey of the best deals on mail scales.

I operate a small non-profit business that can't afford the Pitney crap but my USPS office closes from 12:30 till 2:00 which screws up my plans more often than not. I go to my second job around 2:00 and if I need to weight something in order to pay for it I have to wait till the next day. Scales and an assortment of stamps would really make things easier.

Obviously this is mainly for envelopes and bulky clasp envelopes and not the boxes (they do not fit in the drop box;) )

Whats the best deal cost wise.

I would get one of these from the USPS site:

USPS Scale

10lbscale_t.jpg

Looks like they are on back order. I bought a 10# Pelouze scale from Staples last year for around $70.00. It's kind of small for larger packages so I wish I had bought the one from the USPS site which looks larger and is considerabley cheaper. The Pelouze scale stopped working only after a few months of use. The manufacturer made good on it and sent me a new one for free.

Staples also sells this fancy "downloadable" Pelouze scale:

Downloadable Scale

s0063870_std.jpg

If ya wanna get real exotic. :D

EDIT***

I had a bad link, thanks Fast :thumbs:

Been using that one for months, and for smaller packages it is just as accurate as the self-serve scale at the PO.

Hang on to your invoice, though, the first one I got wouldn't shut off. Got a replacement with no hassle. :)

That looks like a great one geldor :thumbs: Sometimes I have packages over 10 lbs. I wish I had known about that one before I bought mine :(

I signed up for a USPS deal to buy on line postage and they give me a scale, I did my 90 days and bailed.

If ya still need a scale bro let me know, I'll hook ya up.

Jim

For those of you who have stuff over 10 pounds every so often you can weigh it on a bathroom scale and then call the post office 1800 number and plug in the weight and it will calculate postage for you, or you can do it online the same way. Use to be a law firm runner, and s**theads would wait till 5:05 before bringing the 10 pounders in, and expect me to run down the mail truck. By the way, if you ever get late with the mail, you can go inside that oh so forbidden fence and lay it on the loading dock. They know what to do with it and you won't get shot. I should probably add a disclaimer to the last statement. Hope this helps

stewa070 said:
you can go inside that oh so forbidden fence and lay it on the loading dock. They know what to do with it and you won't get shot. I should probably add a disclaimer to the last statement. Hope this helps
[snapback]161244[/snapback]​

Fence? This is egypt... nothing here but a 25 x25 building and a dirt parking lot in the back for the guys van :0

Seems someone mentioned Cosco a year or so ago and that they had scales that would download the current pricing similiar to the staples scale mentioned above but was much cheaper (under $100).

Of course there is no Cosco in our area :(

Back