• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mailing/Shipping

Ymmit07

So I am wondering. I went to my local Post Office today after work to pick up some items..... :whistling: .....and I inquired about sending Adult beverages. I was told it is a Federal Offense and if the box is even a box from a said beverage type they have to open it and inspect it and that it can only be sent by a person with a liquor license. From what i gather hear from reading there is a way to send such things correct? Is a different type of service needed?

I did a search but came up dry... :p that darn thing must be broken,

Thanks,
Tim

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

;)

I pack them up carefully and have yet to have an issue. Even if one might break.

Same here. I have sent and received without a problem. Spend a LOT of time packing.

Can't mail any alcoholic beverages through the USPS.......

Zero, none......

It's illegal to ship via USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. without a liquor license. That doesn't mean it can't be done, just make sure that you pack VERY WELL. Another good thing is to use the clink-n-ship feature on the Post Office website, if the package is sealed and already has a label most often any shipper will not open it (unless it breaks and there is beverage all over the place).

Here is a good discussion on it. Bottom line is they won't ship it. But a lot of packages of it get delivered.

I have never shipped a bottle of booze but have shipped a few collectable containers where the contents was not meant for consumption. ;)

Here is a good discussion on it. Bottom line is they won't ship it. But a lot of packages of it get delivered.

Sure i typed everything but fricking liquor!!!! Oh well Thanks for all the Info. Just might have to go UPS instead.

NO-thing, I know Nothing.

When I ship BBQ Sauce, I always double box. I assume the same process would apply to liquor.

When I ship BBQ Sauce, I always double box. I assume the same process would apply to liquor.

That is very wise counsel.

Nothing sucks worse than having one of the bottles of "BBQ Sauce" break open shortly after you drop it off at the Post Office. Not saying what kind of looks you MIGHT get, but I'm thinking a VERY terse note might accompany the return of the box... :blush:

BTW - UPS, FedEx and the others regulated by USPS. They similarly do not allow the shipment of alcohol without a liquor license.