• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Making history tonight!

bchem

Well, as some of you may know, my wife will smoke with me on occasion. Although, so only really smokes Havanah Honeys and CAO Flavors and all that crap. I have always know that there was hope for her for a couple reasons. When I first started smoking cigars, she tried a couple puffs of a Macanudo (blech!) I was smoking, and her only comment was that it tasted like an ashtray. The second reason is that while she enjoys the flavors of some of her cigars, she always puts it out about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through it complaining that the flavor is gone and all it tastes like now is rolled up newspaper! She always enjoys when she takes a puff of one of my cigars, but always says she doesn't think should could smoke a whole one. I believe there is hope for her, though.

So, tonight, we don't have much going on. Have both been busier than hell, and haven't been able to smoke for a couple of weeks, so we decided that I am going to pick up some wine on the way home and we'll sit out on the porch and smoke a cigar tonight since we don't have any plans. :D I told her that she I don't have anymore flavored cigars for her, but that'd I'd stop and pick some up for her if she wanted me to, but she says no, she'll try a REAL cigar tonight!

I am excited, but nervous that she won't like what I pick out. It's going to take me a fair amount of time to rifle through my humidor to find something for her. I know it can't be something mediocre...she has expensive tastes so I might have to break out on of my only few Padron's for her or something like that.

I will post back here with an update to let you know if she has FINALLY graduated to real cigars or whether it'll be back to the flavors after tonight. If she likes what I give her, it'll be all the more reason to start building up my stock! Anyways, just thought I'd share. Tonight could turn out to be a big night...we shall see :)

Congrats bro, Enjoy the night.
My g/f smokes with me on occasion, HOWEVER she ONLY will smoke the "darkside" sticks. Amongst her fav's are Boli CE, RyJ No1, Parti Longsdale... She tried grabbing one of my Cohiba Lanceros recently.. I was like "GET BACK!!!"

I have created a MONSTER..so be careful what you wish for..

Well, as some of you may know, my wife will smoke with me on occasion. Although, so only really smokes Havanah Honeys and CAO Flavors and all that crap. I have always know that there was hope for her for a couple reasons. When I first started smoking cigars, she tried a couple puffs of a Macanudo (blech!) I was smoking, and her only comment was that it tasted like an ashtray. The second reason is that while she enjoys the flavors of some of her cigars, she always puts it out about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through it complaining that the flavor is gone and all it tastes like now is rolled up newspaper! She always enjoys when she takes a puff of one of my cigars, but always says she doesn't think should could smoke a whole one. I believe there is hope for her, though.

So, tonight, we don't have much going on. Have both been busier than hell, and haven't been able to smoke for a couple of weeks, so we decided that I am going to pick up some wine on the way home and we'll sit out on the porch and smoke a cigar tonight since we don't have any plans. :D I told her that she I don't have anymore flavored cigars for her, but that'd I'd stop and pick some up for her if she wanted me to, but she says no, she'll try a REAL cigar tonight!

I am excited, but nervous that she won't like what I pick out. It's going to take me a fair amount of time to rifle through my humidor to find something for her. I know it can't be something mediocre...she has expensive tastes so I might have to break out on of my only few Padron's for her or something like that.

I will post back here with an update to let you know if she has FINALLY graduated to real cigars or whether it'll be back to the flavors after tonight. If she likes what I give her, it'll be all the more reason to start building up my stock! Anyways, just thought I'd share. Tonight could turn out to be a big night...we shall see :)

Well if you really want to go crazy... bust out some ISOMs!
Stick with the small vitolas maybe RyJ or PLPC or ERDM Choix Supreme...
Whatever you go with stick with a smaller size!

Good luck!

Not sure what good will come of this though...
It'll suck when she raids your humi for your best sticks! :p

-Rob

Great thread. Enjoy your evening of smoking together.

My wife's smoking experiences are similar to rob and tkeopp's. She smokes periodically and when she did, I could not pry her away from the damn CAO Bella Vanilla's. About 6 mos. ago, I had her smoke a small ISOM (a Partagas, I think...) and she loved it. Now she reaches for the Monte #5's and ERDM Choix Supremes whenever she smokes.

that's awesome. my girlfriend smokes with me all the time. Has no desire to smoke flavored sticks. Only the good stuff. This same girl also made me a freaking trunkidor. Go have a look for yourself in my gallery.

Maybe you should start her out on a LFD Chisel, or something Camacho. Maybe a JdN Antano. Just some suggestions. ;)
Good luck on tonite!

Great stuff. One day I'll get my wife to smoke something other than the flavored. But, I'll take it for now...at least she does that much.

Great stuff, can't wait to hear how it works out and what you pick out.

I can guarantee you that I will never have a similar experience, rofl.

Cool! :thumbs:

If she likes the good stuff, you'll know what to get her for your anniversary....her own humidor! :laugh:

Linda will hit one of mine once in a while, but only a puff or two. We got her a CAO Vanilla last year but she hasn't fired it up yet, maybe one of these nights by the fire pit.

Congrats on the wife giving it a go, let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I don't have many ISOMs to give up with her, especially not knowing whether or not she would finish/enjoy it. So, after giving her several choices of some smaller smokes, she ended up chosing between a RP sun grown PC and a WOAM. She chose the RP SG. I smoked a BBF from a contest I won from a contest ToneNY had (thanks man...it was AWESOME!) Surprisingly she really enjoyed it. I thought it would be a bit too spicy for her, but we were drinking a pretty big flavored wine, so I think that countered it. She took it down to about an inch!!! She really started to enjoy it when we switched from our wine to a port. I think the sweetness of the port cut some of the spice for her, and she said she liked how the two flavors mixed together (I knew there was a reason I loved her so much!!! :D ) She said she still likes her flavored cigars, but she really enjoyed this one. Now I have a baseline for the types of smokes she can handle, and am looking forward to giving her another one in the near future. From what she's said of the smoke she had tonight, and the ones she has tried of mine, full body doesn't seem to bother her at all, but any sort of bitterness/harshness she doesn't like...but then again, who does?! Anyways, tonight was a big success and it was really nice to sit and talk with her for a couple hours without thinking too much about all the stress we have been going through (mainly with her job treating her like shit, and me not being able to do anything about it financially because I have to finish my degree first.) IMHO, this was the epitome of how cigars are supposed to make you enjoy someones company and relax. This evening definitely brought me down a notch, and allowed me to really enjoy myself in the company of my wife. This is EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks for letting me share and thanks for all the replies.

Ok, enough of the mushy stuff, back to smokin', drinkin', and women! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:thumbs:

Glad ya'll had such a great evening together. It's amazing how much a little simple time of not doing a whole lot ( but doing it together ) can be so relaxing and enjoyful. Maybe I need to get a few CAO Vanilla's and hit my wife up for a smoke........I can hear it now..."WTFE!!" :D