• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Making your own cigar bands

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
Has anyone ever made their own cigar bands? I'm not talking about getting a blank band and writing something on it, but actually designing a band on a computer, printing it out and putting it on a cigar? I was thinking it would be a neat thing to do when you want to give out cigars for functions such as a birth. I know there are places that will do it for you, but it would be great if there was some software package that allows you to design your own.

I guess in a pinch I could use something like Word to size out the band that I need and make a design, but was just curious if anyone has tried this before and what they used to do it.

I'm getting ready to try this but I'm going to use a printing press and a hot foil machine, my problem is comming up with a design

I'd used photoshop in the past, there is also a free program or two like it that I can think of, also a decent color printer. I've thought about making some more and re-banding a few smokes that my g/f likes the smell of. Just measure a band or use one from the internet to get the dimensions.

Did know a guy who would print up fake cuban cohiba bands and put them on his own cigars for nights out at the bar.. He was turd tho.. :D

What do you do then just cut them with a scissors? That kind of limits how fancy you can make the shape of the band.

Did know a guy who would print up fake cuban cohiba bands and put them on his own cigars for nights out at the bar.. He was turd tho.. :D

You're kiddin me right

I'm getting ready to try this but I'm going to use a printing press and a hot foil machine, my problem is comming up with a design
Oooooh, foil! Fancy. :) Can't wait to see what you've got going, Jim.

Wilkey

Email coming with a template of photoshop bands I have done Michael :thumbs:

~Mark

I've made a couple for some RP Edges I've got aging. (I've noticed they now come with some sort of banding near their foot, though.) It's just too easy for the "blank" cigars to get mixed up with one another.

At any rate, being a Photoshop artist, it's what I went to. Unfortunately, my Mac is in transit at the moment (from one studio to another) so I don't have access to my art. But once I'm back up and running on it next week, I'd be happy to work something up for anyone that needs it. Just PM me and we can discuss it.

ROFLMAO, reading this got me to thinking so after work I tinkered in Word a bit and came up with a band. I'll take a pic and post it here tonight, LOL, man, I kill me!

i can hook some people up with copies of photoshop for a stick or two ;) benfits of good friends with teachers

Ok, here's the deal :)

Whomever was the last to request an emailed template is responsible for emailing the next person who wants it :D

~Mark

i can hook some people up with copies of photoshop for a stick or two ;) benfits of good friends with teachers

I will pass bro, plenty of people here that will gladly GIVE this sort of thing away.

I made some awhile ago for a friend who opened up a barbershop and wanted to give out some cigars with his logo on it at the grand opening. What I did was design it in photoshop, buy some of those mailing labels (.75" x 3" I believe), create a new label template in word and import the image into the template. Came out pretty nice but the only problem was we had to stick the band on the cello because the whole label had a sticky back. Just throwing another easy route.