• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Manual Transmission is pickup trucks

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I had a stick shift ford ranger from 2006 and traded it in for an F150 with automatic. Lately I've been missing a stick shift. Are there any pick up trucks that still come in stick? When did they stop making manual transmission available for trucks?

Might look at the 2500 Dodge diesel. They had manuals in them longer than many others.

Also, I think the Tacoma's might have them.

I wish they made more manual transmissions as well. Learned to drive with one and much prefer it.

Last I knew there was one trim level of the Tacoma that you could get with a standard transmission, but not sure if that's been done away with altogether. My first new vehicle was a 2002 Tacoma with a 5-speed, which I absolutely loved. I had a manual trans '98 Ranger before that, and I still kind of miss that thing for some reason. None of the newer semi-compact trucks (what class are they anymore?) really appeal to me, so if I were to get something else I would probably go for an older Tacoma (even though I can't drive a clutch anymore, so it would have to be an auto).

Last I knew there was one trim level of the Tacoma that you could get with a standard transmission, but not sure if that's been done away with altogether. My first new vehicle was a 2002 Tacoma with a 5-speed, which I absolutely loved. I had a manual trans '98 Ranger before that, and I still kind of miss that thing for some reason. None of the newer semi-compact trucks (what class are they anymore?) really appeal to me, so if I were to get something else I would probably go for an older Tacoma (even though I can't drive a clutch anymore, so it would have to be an auto).

Would be awesome if you could rig the clutch to a hand lever like a motorcycle on the shift knob.

Any other trucks? Would love to see more full size trucks with manual transmission.

Any other trucks? Would love to see more full size trucks with manual transmission.

As far as I know, you are looking at HD-level trucks. I don't know of any 1500'ish trucks that come with a standard anymore unless you are looking fleet models.

Would be awesome if you could rig the clutch to a hand lever like a motorcycle on the shift knob.

That's a really cool thought, and I'm sure it could be done for the right sort of money. Unfortunately, I use my left hand for twist-grip hand controls, so if I took my right hand off the wheel to shift, baaaaaaad things could happen. :D

That's a really cool thought, and I'm sure it could be done for the right sort of money. Unfortunately, I use my left hand for twist-grip hand controls, so if I took my right hand off the wheel to shift, baaaaaaad things could happen. :D

Ah, gotcha.

Bummer. Doesn't look like there are any regualr size pickup options. When did stick go out of vogue?

On the plus side, manual transmission vehicles are driveable by fewer and fewer young people.

I'd think this would necessarily cause the requests to borrow these vehicles to drop every year.

On the plus side, manual transmission vehicles are driveable by fewer and fewer young people.

I'd think this would necessarily cause the requests to borrow these vehicles to drop every year.
I know how to drive stick. Both of my old cars were manual. I miss it sooo much!