• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

March Madness for Habanos

How many of you would be interested?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Possibly

• Total voters

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
Entry Info:
Each entry will cost you 2 ISOM's (no machine mades). You may enter as many times as you would like. You may begin to submit your entries shortly after the brackets are announced on Sunday March 13th, roughly 8pm ET. Entries must be submitted no later than 12pm ET on Thursday March 17th. All entry fees (cigars) should be sent to me as I will disperse them to the winner(s) once the tournament has ended. All entry fees must be received by be no later than March 27.

Scoring:
You will receive points for each correct game winner you choose. The number of points will be calculated as follows:
Round 1 win - 1pts
Pick a Sweet 16 Team - 2pts
Pick an Elite 8 Team - 4pts
Pick a Final 4 Team - 8pts
Pick Semi-final Team - 16pts
Pick Chamption - 32pts

If you get a pick correct you will also be awarded additional points equal to the winning teams Seed#.

For Example:
You pick a #1 Seed to beat a #16 Seed in Rd 1. You would receive 2pts (1pt for the Rd 1 win + 1pt for the Seed#)
You pick a #9 Seed to beat a #8 Seed in Rd 1. You would receive 10pts (1pt for the Rd 1 win + 9pts for the Seed#)
You pick an #11 Seed to beat a #4 Seed in Rd 2. You would receive 13pts (2pts for the Rd 2 win + 11pts for the Seed#)
You pick a #10 Seed to beat a #3 Seed in Rd 3. You would receive 14pts (4pts for the Rd 3 win + 10pts for the Seed#)
You pick a #11 Seed to beat a #1 Seed in Rd 4. You would receive 19pts (8pt for the Rd 4 win + 11pt for the Seed#)
You pick a #1 Seed to beat a #1 Seed in Rd 5. You would receive 17pts (16pt for the Rd 5 win + 1pt for the Seed#)

Other Info:
Once you submit your entries they will NOT be viewable immediately. They will be seen once I update the site. I update the site quite often so you should see it within a couple of hours after submitting them. I will update game results typically after each game as I am a nut and will be watching them all. Player Picks will not be viewable until the tournament begins. Once the tournament begins you will be able to view everyone's picks.

Prizes:
Prizes will be decided once the tournament begins. The number of winners will depend on the number of entries.

If you have any questions please PM me or email me at mike@marchpools.com
Once I have the site updated I will post a link in this thread

You can view last years results here

Would more people be interested in this if we were to allow Super Premiums (Opus X, Anejo's, DC Maximus, PAM's, Perdomo EDS, etc.)?

What about a $$ entry fee that would be used to buy boxes??

I don't gamble on stuff I don't know anything about... except poker.

NA

If enough interest I would get in on this. Put me down as a yea.

Count me in. I think you will get more folks if you also allow super premiuns. Just my opinion. Ron

Fast4Dr said:
Would more people be interested in this if we were to allow Super Premiums (Opus X, Anejo's, DC Maximus, PAM's, Perdomo EDS, etc.)?

What about a $$ entry fee that would be used to buy boxes??
[snapback]166184[/snapback]​

I would be interested if there's just an entry fee of up to about $20. Unfortunately, I don't have very many ISOM's in stock :( , and I think an entry fee might just be easier to transact.

Thanks for being willing to put together the pool! :thumbs:

JV
*The originator of the tournament could use the funds to buy boxes of ceegars and distribute to the winner(s).
*Edited to clarify my comments!

id be in if it were super premiums or something like a one and one, one premium, one ISOM. would not be in if it were 'straight cash', i'll be in enough of those, id rather win cigars from all you suckers.

EDIT: i voted yes, shouldve hit possibly, apologies, adjust as necessary.

I have updated the site for this year's tourney.

You can check out the site at March Madness for Habanos

and you can pre-register at Register Here

If you pre-register you will receive an email once the bracket is announced so that you can make your picks.

Thanks and looking forward to this again,
Mike

You should open it up to AL Premium Cigars, not just ISOMs...

Ian Hannah
Billboardtobacco.com

tobaccoleaf1 said:
You should open it up to AL Premium Cigars, not just ISOMs...

Ian Hannah
Billboardtobacco.com
[snapback]169693[/snapback]​
Not going to happen....if there is enough interest in a 2nd pool for non-ISOM's I'll be more than happy to run it

We've got 12 entries so far but only 3 from here......let's sign up fellas

up to 15 entries so far....

I also have a Big East Tourney for $$, PM me if you're interested. The Big East starts tomorrow :thumbs:

Brothers,

Unfortunately, I need to back out of this one. I'm gonna be runnin' in/out of town for work and will not have time to put into this. My apologies!

Since I registered, and obviously won't win since I ain't pickin', I'll drop smoke sin the mail to the winner if y'all want.

Fast, I'll let you decide on that. Have fun and enjoy!

Floyd T. :sign: