• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maredsous

Fatken

I used to go to a pub in Arlinton, Tx and drink a beer (abbey ale I believe) called Maredsous. Just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to drink one of these while smoking? I bet it goes well.

I love this stuff, it is very strong, but smooth. Good thing I can't find it around here yet.

thanks,

Ken

Mmmmmm..... Maredsous.... :love: :love: :love:

Someone introduced me to it - what a fantastic Belgian Ale... I also like the St. Bernardous and Dragon's Milk. A local establishment has the 10 on tap. I can get both the 10 and 12 in bottles at some of the local liquor stores.

All go fantastic with a cigar - incredible body and flavors. To me - somewhat of a cross between a beer and a wine!

BTW - if you can find Fat Tire, it is a very suitable substitute. A tad lighter than Maredsous, but similar in flavor and body. It's also considerably cheaper.

Thanks for the tip, I will try the Fat Tire.

You are correct, I found where I could get 3 bottles for $8.50 + shipping. If I didn't drink it so fast I could probably afford more.

later,

Ken

Great beer,there are a couple shops here with Maredsous,I usually grab this,three philosophers,and corsendonk on a regular basis.

Fat Tire is ok,nothing special....imo.