• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Maui Brewing Co.

Jamie76

I'm drinking a Kona Coffee, Macadamia Nut, Coconut Porter from Maui Brewing Co. tonight. Not sure I'm liking this. Paid almost $7 (most i've ever paid for a beer) a bottle for it, so I thought it would be pretty good. There are some good flavors, but the finish isn't very good.

This is a Stone, Maui Brewing and Ken Schmidt collaboration brew. I loved this one. I thought it was their best collab...aside from the new Dark Ale which is pretty good too.

When did you buy this? Maybe it wasn't stored properly. Its been a few months since the release...if you liked the overall flavors you should try Coconut Porter. Great beer!

This is a Stone, Maui Brewing and Ken Schmidt collaboration brew. I loved this one. I thought it was their best collab...aside from the new Dark Ale which is pretty good too.

When did you buy this? Maybe it wasn't stored properly. Its been a few months since the release...if you liked the overall flavors you should try Coconut Porter. Great beer!

That was actually what I was looking for! The store didn't have it so I thought I would give this a try. After trying it, I think I want to buy another to give it another shot. To tell the truth, my experience with beer is pretty limited. My standby has pretty much been anything by Leinenkugel's.

That was actually what I was looking for! The store didn't have it so I thought I would give this a try.

I have personally found that Stone's beers are much more "in your face" than most beers I've ever tried, in terms of bitterness, mouth feel, and overall complexity of flavor. I was a Stone hater for a very very very long period of time until I took their brewery tour and realized just how much they love beer.

That being said, the Stone/Maui Brewing/Schmidt collaboration brew was one of the best "Stone brews" I have ever had, besides their Stone Porter brewed with vanilla bean (which is only found locally here at the brewery). Once I figured out what Stone was like, then I was able to appreciate this complex brew. I had one before I liked Stone and hated it. I had one after I loved Stone, and I loved it. Classic Stone in your face beer. It's like Coconut Porter on F***ing STEROIDS.

So, don't throw it away as a crappy beer, as it will never compare to the regular Coconut Porter. It is still an amazing brew, but if you ever get into Stone and afterward revisit this beer, you'll see what I mean.

Man! I'd love to get a hold of some Coconut Porter. Anyone have some of it their way? :whistling:

Mike hooked me up on the Macadamia source and I bought some of those.............Very good, and I agree with Jon's statement about the roids. :love:

I'll agree this is a good beer, but nowhere near a $7 beer.

I had this last month and it was awesome. I'll agree that it was like Maui's Coconut Porter with a lot more vanilla flavor and complexity. Had no idea it was $7 a bottle since it was included as an extra in a trade. Now I really have to hook up my buddy on the next trade. :)

The $7/bottle may just be due to the location I bought it. I got it at a grocery store that has a pretty decent selection of beers, however, overall, their prices are a bit over the top. Actually, according to this link: My link it can cost up to $9.

I'm going to give it another try I think.

Man! I'd love to get a hold of some Coconut Porter. Anyone have some of it their way? :whistling:

Mike hooked me up on the Macadamia source and I bought some of those.............Very good, and I agree with Jon's statement about the roids. :love:

Hmmmm....jeez..........I dunno......

:whistling:

This coconut porter sounds like something I must try the way everyone keeps raving about it.

They ranged anywhere from $6-$7 here in cali ... I agree this pretty pricey for a 12oz but I think its due to the roided ingredients.
I have a couple more that I am aging that I think will develop and mellow out pretty well. I am not sure these are sround here anymore

This I think the best collab of their. Next the nogne and mikkiller, followed by the new dark ale collab with firestone and 21st amendment.

They ranged anywhere from $6-$7 here in cali ... I agree this pretty pricey for a 12oz but I think its due to the roided ingredients.
I have a couple more that I am aging that I think will develop and mellow out pretty well. I am not sure these are sround here anymore

This I think the best collab of their. Next the nogne and mikkiller, followed by the new dark ale collab with firestone and 21st amendment.

As beer is something kind of new to me, how are you going about aging these, and for how long?

Just picked up a few more of these today. The store clerk asked if I was interested in a case. The look my wife gave me made it pretty clear that I wasn't walking out of the store with a case. :(

:laugh: Been down this road already. Thanks again Jon. John, you might have to hunt down some more NN. If there's any of that left to be had.

:laugh: Been down this road already. Thanks again Jon. John, you might have to hunt down some more NN. If there's any of that left to be had.

There's still some left around these parts, and I'm surprised Jon did not bite yet after I hammered his ass with two shipments of NN.

I'm like a dealer...............The first two samples are free. After you're hooked, it's going to cost you. :laugh: :whistling:

Troegg's just released Flying Mouflan in these parts. Haven't tried it yet, but they advertise it basically as NN on roids.

There's still some left around these parts, and I'm surprised Jon did not bite yet after I hammered his ass with two shipments of NN.

I'm like a dealer...............The first two samples are free. After you're hooked, it's going to cost you. :laugh: :whistling:

Troegg's just released Flying Mouflan in these parts. Haven't tried it yet, but they advertise it basically as NN on roids.

Hey now, I just paid off the tax man, so I've been a bit strapped for cash! Your time is coming mister!! BELIEVE IT! Thats why I made that post earlier up in reply to yours... :(

Hey now, I just paid off the tax man, so I've been a bit strapped for cash! Your time is coming mister!! BELIEVE IT! Thats why I made that post earlier up in reply to yours... :(

I didn't even see that. :cool:

I was just hoping for a trade bro. :whistling:

I didn't even see that. :cool:

I was just hoping for a trade bro. :whistling:

Dont piss on my head and tell me its raining lemonade! You know there ain't no trade. I'm in your debt!