• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

May Pipe Tobacco of the Month!

Here are the blends to choose from.

• G&H Rum Twist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G&H Sweet Coconut Twist

• G&H Black Irish X Twist

• G&H Brown Irish X Twist

• G&H Black Cherry Twist

• Samuel Gawith Brown Kendall Twist

• Samuel Gawith Black XX Twist

• Total voters

Dios de Fuego

My drive to crazy isn't far.
Ok, so in an effort to start up the pipe tobacco of the month again, here is the new thread. We will start with a general vote on they texture of tobacco, and then select the specific brand. By texture I mean the style if you will, i.e., flake, shag, rope, plug, etc. I will also host a group buy on the tobacco for anyone interested. If the winner ends up being a tin, I will offer group buys in a full tin size. If the final tobacco is a bulk, then you can buy however much you would like by the ounce. I will of course sell the tobacco for the group buy at my exact price, plus shipping to me, and shipping to you. Shipping to you will be the usps $4.80 click and ship special. Hopefully we get a few people interested in the group buy so that we can get some quantity deals. I will accept payment in the forms of pay pal, mo, or a check if you are an active upstanding member. If you are new to the boards and would like to participate, please no personal checks the first couple of times you participate. Please feel free to throw out any suggestions. Here goes!

So hopefully we can get some good participation! Everyone that participates please feel free to post your reviews here for your thoughts on the tobacco of the month. I hope we can have fun with this, and get our own little review corer going here.

When I selected the tobacco's for this poll, I tried to select choices that I hope have not been smoked by everyone before. The above choices are all tobacco's that I have smoked at one point in time, and have left a lasting impression on me. I hope you are able to enjoy them as much as I do.

Please enjoy, and vote away!

And Guys if I forgot any choices please chime in and I will add them to the poll.

After my fun with the Mick McQuaid Plug, I'm up for some more unusual stuff. I voted Rope.

- Tim

I would love to be a part of this if you will have me. I know I have been MIA from CP for a while. I am trying to get my life back in order and going through the big D. I don't have Internet at home so I cant check in daily but I get emails on my phone at johncarbaugh@yahoo.com. I will make any payments upfront so you don't have to worry about me going MIA again.
Thank you.

Let's go with rope. I've never smoked rope before ... well, not that kind of rope. :sign:

We'll have to choose the rope carefully if that's the winner. Some of those tobaccos are way strong. SG Brown Rope #4 made my ears tingle and G&H Black XXX kicked me right off of my donkey. Those are the only two ropes I've smoked, though, maybe some aren't quite so stout.

We'll have to choose the rope carefully if that's the winner. Some of those tobaccos are way strong. SG Brown Rope #4 made my ears tingle and G&H Black XXX kicked me right off of my donkey. Those are the only two ropes I've smoked, though, maybe some aren't quite so stout.

The SC Sweet Coconut and Rum Ropes are of a medium body, and are absolutely delightful.

I thought shag was cigarette tobacco. I've tried all the other forms in a pipe tobacco. My favorites are ribbon and flake, though. Not too surprising, I guess. I also like cubed burley and Krumble Kake.

Krumble Kake added to the choices. I didn't add cubed burly because there isn't much to chose from, and it's very similar to plug.

Krumble Kake added to the choices. I didn't add cubed burly because there isn't much to chose from, and it's very similar to plug.
And really krumble kake is a type of cut flake that's loosely pressed so it "krumbles" easily. There aren't that many krumble kakes but there are some. Penzance is the best known krumble kake. Butera Kingfisher is double-cut krumble kake. C&D Longevity USED to be but the 2nd Edition is ribbon. Smoker's Haven USED to make a blend CALLED Krumble Kake.

I haven't yet tried H&H Marble Kake at PipesandCigars by Russ Ouellette. Has anyone here tried it? Is it all that? ;)

What are some others?

spellign

There's also C&D Pirate Kake. Good stuff!

And really krumble kake is a type of cut flake that's loosely pressed so it "krumbles" easily

I didn't think about it that way. Krumble cake could almost be more of a sponge than a tobacco, seeing as how it is always unbearably wet when opened.

Hey Guys,

I need some input/creative thinking. Since it looks like rope is going to win, other than Gawith and Hogarth, and Samuel Gawith, who makes a good rope??

Thanks for the help,
Taylor

Since I've never had anything in the rope format, whatever is decided on will be new to me.. Looking forward to this one :)