• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

May Pipe Tobacco of the Month!

Here are the blends to choose from.

• G&H Rum Twist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G&H Sweet Coconut Twist

• G&H Black Irish X Twist

• G&H Brown Irish X Twist

• G&H Black Cherry Twist

• Samuel Gawith Brown Kendall Twist

• Samuel Gawith Black XX Twist

• Total voters
Hey Guys,

I need some input/creative thinking. Since it looks like rope is going to win, other than Gawith and Hogarth, and Samuel Gawith, who makes a good rope??

Thanks for the help,
Taylor

I've not tried it, but I've heard great things about Samuel Gawith's Black XX Rope. If you like Virginia, it should prove to be a real treat. :thumbs:

OK guys the winner is the Rope category. I apologize I have not updated the poll ye, I have been very busy. I will update the poll for the next vote Friday morning.

Hey Guys,

I need some input/creative thinking. Since it looks like rope is going to win, other than Gawith and Hogarth, and Samuel Gawith, who makes a good rope??

Thanks for the help,
Taylor

I've not tried it, but I've heard great things about Samuel Gawith's Black XX Rope. If you like Virginia, it should prove to be a real treat. :thumbs:

X2. That would be my choice. I'll actually order this month, now that it's one that I don't have on hand. :laugh:

OK Guys I have updated the poll, it is now time to vote on the blend. I will leave this poll open until Friday. I voted Sweet Coconut Twist. If anyone has questions about the make up of these blends they can all be found on smokingpipes.com, or feel free to ask here and we will do our best to answer your questions. Vote away and have fun guys!

After reading some reviews of these tobaccos, I can't seem to find one that stands out as a "must try" so I voted rum twist. I enjoy SG Navy Flake and Mac Baren Solent Mixture (both rum cased) so I figured I'd go with a rum laced rope. But I think whichever wins, I will definitely smoke it in a cob in case I can't stand it.

I'm not saying what I voted for, but if I'm going to get knocked off my donkey, I'm going down swinging.

Anything with XX in it's name has got to be good!!

I'm not really interested in an aromatic rope. After my experience with Mick McQuaid, I can't see how any flavoring would come through unless it were heavily applied. I voted for SG Black XX.

- Tim

Edited to add: I have yet to smoke any tobacco product that stomped on me in the nicotine department. (An special-roll heavy liegro LFD lancero came closest but I won ;) ). Having said that, the XX is supposed to have a significant nicotine punch (or caress, depending on your perspective) so I'm curious to see how this stuff fares in that arena.

Anything with XX in it's name has got to be good!!

Do you get extra excited for xxx?
Fuego! :laugh: Can I get in on a group purchase of these steaming piles of excrement? Assuming the XX wins, of course. ;)

Steve

Edit to add: I did a prelim scout and found 4Noggins to have a decent price on bulk xx at $40/lb. Oddly, I couldn't find it on Pipes and Cigars Sg bulk page!?! Might want to call them unless I'm blinder than I thought. ;)

Fuego! laugh.gif Can I get in on a group purchase of these steaming piles of excrement? Assuming the XX wins, of course. wink.gif

Of course you can get in brother! We will have a sign up starting now. The winner is: Samuel Gawith Black XX Twist. I will get everyone the pricing info shortly. We will leave the sign up open until Tue.

Thanks Guys,
Taylor

Oddly, I couldn't find it on Pipes and Cigars Sg bulk page!?! Might want to call them unless I'm blinder than I thought.

Sorry if I said pipes and cigars, I meant smoking pipes.

Looking at the pricing at smokingpipes,com, You can count me in for 8 ounces! Maybe more if you get another price break.

Thanks My Friend!

O.K. after looking at the picture of this stuff on 4noggins and smokingpipes. I don't think you guys could have voted on a more disgusting looking tobacco :laugh:. Any way this month we will order from 4noggins as they are cheaper than smokingpipes, and with the recent issues people have been having with smoking pipes, it's probably not a bad idea. Once again if we buy in one pound increments we save the most amount of money. So for anyone that is in a pound split, the price is $2.50/ounce plus shipping to me and to you. We can also purchase in 4 and 8 ounce quantities, however it is much more expensive per ounce. Shipping to me should be around $8ish, unless we get a huge group buy.

So here is what I have so far:

1st pound split--Closed
Dennis 8oz.
Taylor 5oz.
Mr. Wolf 3oz.
Available 0oz.

2nd pound split.--Closed
Shahnbuckeye 5 oz.
stlboarder 3 oz
johncarbaugh 8 oz
Available 0oz.

3rd pound split --Closed