• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MCW Liga I Belicoso

bluue13

My Cuban Wheel Liga I Belicoso
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habana 
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican/Nicaraguan
Size: 6.5x52

In light of our brother Moreno's passing, I felt it was a fitting time to do a review of one of his sticks.

Construction is great, wrapper is a medium brown in appearance and a few prominent veins are visible but nothing that detracts from the overall package.

Prelight aroma is sweet tobacco and hay with a slight cedar note.  Prelight draw echo's the same notes.

Cigar lights really well and evenly, wonderful aromas coming from the foot.

1st third:
Great smoke right off the bat. Toasty, caramel, rich tobacco, and coffee.  Aroma is fantastic and the draw is perfect. Very very enjoyable.  Right now it is smoking in the mild/med range.  Everything you want from a good mid day smoke.

2nd third:
The strength picks up a bit here.  More toast and less sweetness but the caramel notes are there on the finish.  Great rich tobacco flavors  and a crooked burn has evened out.

Final third:
The strength picks up big time here, really really nice.  Great rich toasty tobacco and strong coffee flavors.  Impeccably smooth finish and the draw remains perfect.  What a great smoke.

I give this cigar a 9.5/10.  A really really enjoyable and well balanced smoke.  Develops nicely as you work your way through and the only complaint I had was a little bit of a wonky burn through the first 3rd.  Cheers and godspeed, Moreno.  Thanks for your work in the cigar industry.  Hope you're smokin' the good ones up there.

70B62D61-92EF-4F83-A70B-2689535B9781.jpg

45308E62-654D-458A-9DA0-80EFC851BD7D.jpg

1BE437F3-C78F-4F19-AC8F-B8E445CCFC3E.jpg

17260FD1-ED0E-44EA-8E06-50ABB1D2ABD9.jpg

CA1BB339-299E-4E9B-8C53-03443D9D6ABB.jpg