• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MD/DC Herf?

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
Okay this cold weather is killing me, we need to get a smoke going!

I am in Baltimore, and I know many are here, or near by in DC. DC makes the most amount of sense to me?

You guys think we can get something rolling before the end of the month? Post dates that work for you.

I'm down! pretty much any weekend. Something for the football games next weekend would be fun!

I've available this coming weekend - Saturday afternoon (17th) and any time Sunday afternoon/evening/night (18th). Availability the weekend after that is unlikely (the 24th/25th) - but then I'm open again on the 31st and 1st.

I vote for Sunday the 18th... pick a cigar friendly bar with TV's and kick back.

- Oak

I wish I had CP buddies in Louisiana :( Guess I'll have to smoke on my own.

I'm 40 miles from Downtown Baltimore, if you decide on a date I'll better be able to say if I could make it.

This weekend doesnt work for me. We would be looking at next weekend...

How does that work?

I could actually make Sunday the 25th in baltimore. I'm actually going to be up in Harrisburg on the 24th and coming back to DC on sunday - so that would work well.

The 24th or 25th would work for me. My birthday is the 26th so it would be a an early present for me :) I guess the next questions are where and what time?

Joe P is in the DC area. Also Shaodw and his buddy in Martinsburg. And Shadow is a coupla hours north of DC.

Emo

emodx said:
Joe P is in the DC area. Also Shaodw and his buddy in Martinsburg. And Shadow is a coupla hours north of DC.

Emo
Actually one hour and forty minutes from downtown B-more, two hours from DC, but whose counting! ;) :D

What's the word here...? Let's get more specific:

How about Sunday the 25th at 1pm in Baltimore? We'll pick a place to meet for lunch that's cigar friendly, eat something that bleeds a bit, and then herf to our heart's content? Let's pick an area where we can move onto another destination* for a second shift if some/all are so inclined...

* Destination = Bar; in my opinion...

Chime in if you can make it so we can see who'll be there... and then let's throw out some ideas for places. I'm not all that familiar with Baltimore except for Fell's Point - but I'd vote for starting in a steak-house and then finishing in a brew-house (I'm a simple man). If it's possible to stop in and see a local cigar shop in-between the two - that would be freakin' righteous. Open to anything, however... and will have to have faith in people who know the city better than I.

Cheers,

- Oak

Here is the listing of what is supposedly available in Baltimore. The only one I've been to is Max's on Broadway and they have a store too. Cigar Friendly Baltimore

Never been to Max's even though they have one right in Fell's Point. Found a link to their Web site.

Looks like it has potential - I see all my favorite things... ;)

Ah i thought this was going to be super bowl sunday. Didn't realize they re-instituted the 2-week break.

SOunds good to me.

I would say the Max's at Camden Yards would be the easiest for people to get to, find and park. However, it doesn't have the attached store like the Max's on Broadway does. I think I could bring enough of my own I really wouldn't need to go buy any cigars. Also, it is only 5 blocks from the Inner Harbor if you need to wander.

Max's Camden Yards
300 West Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD. 21201

So... Max's (the one by Camden Yards) at 1pm on Sunday the 25th?

I'm in. Lumberg and AVB seem implicitly in...

Shadow, Ludwig, Joe P... how 'bout y'all?

- Oak

Does anyone see the irony in holding a herf at a major league baseball stadium in the middle of winter? :) I would have picked a ski resort, but hey, call me crazy. :D :D

Bacchus, stop in and enjoy the irony. Max's is really just near the stadium, about a block away. Baltimore is one of the few places that the park is really downtown, like 3 blocks or so. Cleveland is about the same. We can scare all the yuppies.

BACCHUS said:
Does anyone see the irony in holding a herf at a major league baseball stadium in the middle of winter? :) I would have picked a ski resort, but hey, call me crazy. :D :D
Okay you're crazy! ;) :D

This may be doable, have to check the schedule.

Whaaaat schedule! You're frickin' retired, and the cigar shop is closed on Sundays. :) Oh, you poor, over-worked, retired federal worker! LMAO! :D