• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Medical Cannabis

I'd say legalize it and tax it. LEO's have far, far bigger and more important issues to deal with than some guy smoking a joint in the privacy of his own home.

However, I also strongly support a private business right to drug test, and require clean tests as a condition of employment. I don't want to be told what I can and can't do in my home, but I also believe private employers should have the same latitude. As long as the policy is well known by all, I should be up to the employer.

JMHO - B.B.S.

I'd say legalize it and tax it. LEO's have far, far bigger and more important issues to deal with than some guy smoking a joint in the privacy of his own home.

However, I also strongly support a private business right to drug test, and require clean tests as a condition of employment. I don't want to be told what I can and can't do in my home, but I also believe private employers should have the same latitude. As long as the policy is well known by all, I should be up to the employer.

JMHO - B.B.S.

If it's legalized, then the pre-employment test wouldn't be valid. Employers would probably be sued for some sort of prejudice if they didn't hire. That would knock out the employer's right to refuse employment to a pot smoker. :whistling: Wouldn't you think?

JMHO - B.B.S.

If it's legalized, then the pre-employment test wouldn't be valid. Employers would probably be sued for some sort of prejudice if they didn't hire. That would knock out the employer's right to refuse employment to a pot smoker. :whistling: Wouldn't you think?

A couple years back a company made headlines here in Michigan for requiring testing for tobacco use. The company had decided that they would be completely tobacco free and that they did not want to employ smokers. They gave everyone at the company that smoked until a certain date to quit after which they would be tested. If they tested positive they would be terminated. Needless to say a few people didn't quit and were fired. Of course they challenged it in court and I believe the company's right to employ whomever they wanted based on tobacco use was held up in court. Link to story.

**edit to add link to CBS news article**

Seems like that "right" of employers conflicts with mandatory no-smoking laws in bars and restaurants.

As for the original question, legalize and tax 'em all.

Yea, send some Hydro-Quebec.[sub] :whistling: [/sub]

Wish I could, that state owned company is a csh cow for the gvt. Maybe it could lower the taxes I pay up here (we are like the most taxed state/province in Notrh america..)

A couple years back a company made headlines here in Michigan for requiring testing for tobacco use. The company had decided that they would be completely tobacco free and that they did not want to employ smokers. They gave everyone at the company that smoked until a certain date to quit after which they would be tested. If they tested positive they would be terminated. Needless to say a few people didn't quit and were fired. Of course they challenged it in court and I believe the company's right to employ whomever they wanted based on tobacco use was held up in court. Link to story.

That's just sickening!

Wish I could, that state owned company is a csh cow for the gvt. Maybe it could lower the taxes I pay up here (we are like the most taxed state/province in Notrh america..)
You didn't get the joke. Try a little harder. What's the topic of the thread? How's it grown indoors? Where is a lot of it grown indoors? Hydroponically? Quebec? Get it now? My sophisticated sense of humor is wasted when I gotta explain it.

Doc

JMHO - B.B.S.

Not true. People have been fired and denied employment for using tobacco and alcohol, both legal substances. Many cases available with a quick search.

That's just sickening!

I don't agree with it (in the case of tobacco), but it is their right as private employers.

You didn't get the joke. Try a little harder. What's the topic of the thread? How's it grown indoors? Where is a lot of it grown indoors? Hydroponically? Quebec? Get it now? My sophisticated sense of humor is wasted when I gotta explain it.

Doc

Go easy on me Doc I'm just a dumb french canadian trying to live thru monday ! lol :cool:

After reading it tree time I got the joke not that bad eh ? (even if I never use the eh I'll throw it up here for the sake of it )

Hey, lets not start with the French Canadian Jokes. I'm surrounded by them here in N. New England.

Doc

Wow your about the only one who actually knows we exist ! lol Most of the time I just end up saying I live the North america's freezer!

I'm with most everybody here. Legalize it, tax it, and move on to more important issues.

Wow your about the only one who actually knows we exist ! lol Most of the time I just end up saying I live the North america's freezer!

Bon Homme, I had my first drink at sixteen and my first piece of ass in Quebec and I can't tell you how many times I got my ass kicked on the rinks of places like Bebe and Stanstead. It's a place that's very dear to my heart.
Oh, and the most beautiful women in the world live in Sherbrooke.

Doc

Nice to know Doc !

Next time go further and land in Québec city. I garantee we have the better looking ones! The rest we just spread around for the rest of the province :p

That sounds like the .....90% of the women in the NAVY are good looking....the other 10% were always stationed with me.

You got that wrong bro. 90% of the world's women are beautiful, the other 10% are Waves.

Doc