• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Memories!

I hate that it has taken a virtual funeral for all these old names to gather back again, but it is nice to see some of the "faces" that were so prolific when I started here on CP about ten years ago. That, in itself, brings back great memories...

I can't name all the folks I've met in person from CP and all the cigars I've shared. From the first CP herf that became the Quad State herf with Charlie and a ton of local folks, to our CP herfs in Vegas hosted by Rod to traveling to Outlaw to hang with Brad and the crew. Elliot Roy R Frush and I used to host a mean herf at Club Macanudo in NYC where we had a humidor. Great times and even better folks. AVB hosted a wicked poker game/scotch tasting/cigar smoking event. I can go on and on, but the friends you make on CP are forever.

From one of the recent Quart State Herfs. Probably around 2017-2019. I’m the guy in the front row without a hat. Been going to the Herfs since # 2 with my son in law ( other guy on the front row). Lots of great times & memories. Especially the year at Schlesinger’s when the snow/ice storm knocked out all the electric in the area & we held the herf in the parking lot. Lots of great times & friends. Hope to see a lot of old timers at this years herf. Thanks Charlie for all your hard work getting this thing together for a great cause.F48216E1-E5C0-4A99-B63B-D88B5C45FB6F.jpeg

Last edited:
From one of the recent Quart State Herfs. Probably around 2017-2019. I’m the guy in the front row without a hat. Been going to the Herfs since # 2 with my son in law ( other guy on the front row). Lots of great times & memories. Especially the year at Schlesinger’s when the snow/ice storm knocked out all the electric in the area & we held the herf in the parking lot. Lots of great times & friends. Hope to see a lot of old timers at this years herf. Thanks Charlie for all your hard work getting this thing together for a great cause.View attachment 38584
Always a great time!

What a great fucking time!
If you haven't been, it's a great perf with true "brothers & sisters" in attendance. The cause is a great one, and the accommodations are great as well. I hope to attend again soon.

Floyd T

One of the great Midwest herfs, was the Land Of Lincoln Herf, hosted by our own MattR. He had it together and had attendees from all over the Country. I had the fortune of meeting a bunch of great brothers. Strat57, MattR(of course), AllofUs123, and many others. It was a great time cut short by the jacked up chit the State of Illinois imposed. There are charities that were hurt by that BS.

Great times, I can say for sure.

Floyd T

One of the great Midwest herfs, was the Land Of Lincoln Herf, hosted by our own MattR. He had it together and had attendees from all over the Country. I had the fortune of meeting a bunch of great brothers. Strat57, MattR(of course), AllofUs123, and many others. It was a great time cut short by the jacked up chit the State of Illinois imposed. There are charities that were hurt by that BS.

Great times, I can say for sure.

Floyd T
That's a pretty good crew there Devin, Matt , Kenny and Floyd!

Pretty sure I was involved in that war on the newbie side, but might have been a different one.

Only 2 CP events I've been able to attend were both so much fun. Included the best picture from each.

Pacnw Herf in Boise w/ @Blue Dragon @kiltedcraftsman @stevehawk @putzmulligan and probably others in forgetting (for some reason I can't tag them?)

View attachment 38487

Great American Beer Fest w/ @denverdog @alexgtp @mmburtch @NullSmurf and others I'm probably forgetting.

Wow....total flashback right there ;)

My fondest memory from being a member of CP came during one of the roughest periods of my life. My Dad was diagnosed with Cancer in mid 2001. He was told he had 3-6 months. He smoked Camel Filter cigarettes and they had just stopped making the blend he liked the best. Anyway the stock ran out here locally and i put out a call to the BoTL here and well... everyone was going into gas stations and stores picking up packs of them and kept my Dad in his favorite cig until he couldn't smoke anymore. The brotherly love has never been forgotten.

I was fortunate enough to meet, and become close enough to call friends, two CP members who are no longer with us, unfortunately: Trey (Spad31), and Larry Niemann (golfgar). I wasn't as close to some of the others we have seen pass in recent times, but their loss still hits me just as hard. I've smoked with @JHolmes763, @cabaiguan juan, and @Smokin'Sims, among others I'm surely forgetting. I've been great friends with @PaulTra for the better part of 20 years; well pre-dating our time on CP. The v-herf is an important part of CP's history, now, with legends to be told to our grandkids.

It will ten years come April, so I need to really think about everything I've seen transpire in that time. I reserve the right to revisit.

I lost track of Trey over the years, are you saying he died????

I lost track of Trey over the years, are you saying he died????

Unfortunately, yes. He had that Canadian buddy who was on here a few years back (no longer active), and he let us know. I wasn't able to find out anything further aside from that ultimate detail. He alluded to it being attributed to his alcoholism in some way (suicide, possibly), but I am only speculating there. Trey was a great guy in person, and my entire family loved him. They babysat for us several times in Germany, and my youngest daughter used to bounce around on the trampoline with that big goofy dog he had while we smoked cigars on his patio. I was sad to learn of his divorce, and I often wonder how Q and his ex-wife are doing. His son must be in his late 20's by now.

I'm genuinely sorry for the loss of your friend. Trey used to stop by the old chat quite often and we became acquainted with him. We lost touch over the years but I'm sad to learn he passed. Great guy with some awesome stories.