• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Message Boards--Help

Lee_Ro_Mo

I am wanting to set up a message board on my fraternity alumni website. I would love something like this one, but I'm sure that it's way over my head and costs too much. Can someone give me the skinny on how a fairly novice computer user like myself who has little money to pay for a message board accomplish this? Yeah, no big deal, right? Am I getting in way over my head if I pursue something like this? I've been directed to phpBB, but the installation guide pretty much lost me in the first sentence. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

I am wanting to set up a message board on my fraternity alumni website. I would love something like this one, but I'm sure that it's way over my head and costs too much. Can someone give me the skinny on how a fairly novice computer user like myself who has little money to pay for a message board accomplish this? Yeah, no big deal, right? Am I getting in way over my head if I pursue something like this? I've been directed to phpBB, but the installation guide pretty much lost me in the first sentence. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Go with a webhosting company that provides this feature/service. I have a site that has the option of installing PHPbb2 as part of their control panel services.

There are a number of free bulletinboard hosting sites out that as well that auto-configure them for you.