• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Method for tasting a cigar?

You need to get in touch with your inner screwball. Then you'll taste all kinds of things, from chocolate to black cherries. Those of us who have our feet firmly planted on Terra firma only taste tobacco. Please don't feel inadequate. They're the ones with the pathology.

Doc.

Classic! Doc....do you have a diagnosis for getting in touch with your inner screwball?

For all that are new and don't know or remember, our own Dr. Ginseng has given quite a discourse on the subject. Take the time to read the information it is quite informative:

Secret Information Not For Everyone!

You need to get in touch with your inner screwball. Then you'll taste all kinds of things, from chocolate to black cherries. Those of us who have our feet firmly planted on Terra firma only taste tobacco. Please don't feel inadequate. They're the ones with the pathology.

Doc.

You're just jealous because you're old, and your taste buds are all shriveled up from all the cunnilingus you used to perform.

I've done or tried all these methods to taste a cigar i'm smoking. But the bottom line is smoking a cigar is relaxing and when i do taste a cigar i'm smoking (to the nub) and I like it, I remeber it and i buy more of that cigar. :D

Ditto! I don't really concentrate on the individual flavors so much, just the overall enjoyment of the cigar.

Doc.
I'm with Doc on this one. I can understand tasting things that normally you put in your mouth, so chocolate, cinnamon, spices, etc.. But, I've never understood earthy, leathery and such. Have you been gnawing on your coat or sofa or eating dirt with the neighborhood kids? :sign:

To address the first question. I'm very new also but I didn't taste much of anything in the first few cigars, mostly because they were very mild. I jumped to a LFD DL and then I definitely tasted something. So just bounce around and find what you like. Then as these wise men have suggested buy more of that.

Each wrapper should give the cigar its unique taste and the taste will be enhanced by the way the cigar draws. Yeah, Cigars are like people, each one is different.

Doc.

You're just jealous because you're old, and your taste buds are all shriveled up from all the cunnilingus you used to perform.
Apples and oranges, fields. P$$y, is more a function of smell than taste, from the subtle whiffs of yellow fin tuna, to the overwhelming aroma of low tide on 90 degree day.

Doc.

Some call it the "Retrohale"? Let the last of the smoke, when exhaling, come through your nose. It does take practice. It's the only way I can taste a cigar, unless I eat it.:laugh: It's also the reason I can now taste English blend pipe tobaccos.