• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mild / mellow cigars

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
I'm looking for alternatives to the Devil's Weed and RP Connecticut that I've been smoking. I got the Connecticut sampler from CI a while ago, and the only one I even partially care for is the Churchill, with the 48 ring gauge (I think it is... sub-50). The Toro, Torpedo, and Robusto are not very good. Of course, I'm one of the few who likes Devil's Weed.

Any other good and flavorful mild cigars out there for either early morning smoke or some other activity that doesn't require much thought to the cigar? I like the natural / Connecticut wrappers at the moment.

Since I like Devils Weeds profile, here are some that were or still are in my rotation (not in any particular order)

Cabaiguan by Tatuaje
5 Vegas Gold
Perdomo Champagne
Baccarat
Carlos Torano Casa Torano
Montesino
Oliva Connecticut Reserve
Pinar del rio Clasico
Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet

I used to love the Cusano Cuvee Blanc line but I feel they've changed the blend, which was not to my liking. I still have a box of the older stuff, which I smoke sparingly.

I strongly recommend the EP Carillo Short Run 2012: Connecticut wrapper with a maduro binder. The regular EP Carillo New Wave Connecticut is good too. Illusione Epernay's are always a nice way to start the day, and if you can find them, the ECCJ is fantastic.

I have been having some of the Alec Bradley Maxx Connecticut lately. Really a nice mellow cigar with plenty of flavor.

Kann
I have 5 Vegas golds in 50's and 60's I can send. Gurkha Beautys in 50's and 60's I can send. I have the Per Chamagnes, Gurkha Symphonys, I think 54's, Man O War Virtues, Graycliff G2's, AB Am Blend and the AB Family Blend (not a connie but wow, nice and smooth). There are other milds I cant think of at the time that I have. Let me know what you want. The 5VG and Gur Beauty 60's are REALY tasty, I like them a lot better than the 50's.

+1 on the EPC CT's

Also check out the new San Cristobal Elegancia < solid smoke for the $ from Ashton

Caution with Illusione's < I love them but that ligero has some kick on the last third.

+1 on the EPC CT's

Also check out the new San Cristobal Elegancia < solid smoke for the $ from Ashton

Caution with Illusione's < I love them but that ligero has some kick on the last third.
I believe the Epernays have no ligero in them at all.

I strongly recommend the EP Carillo Short Run 2012: Connecticut wrapper with a maduro binder. The regular EP Carillo New Wave Connecticut is good too. Illusione Epernay's are always a nice way to start the day, and if you can find them, the ECCJ is fantastic.

Not sure the Short Run 2012 falls under the mild/mellow category...but the New Wave Connecticut surely does. Illusione Epernays are a solid medium smoke,,,ECCJs are too expensive and hard to find at times.

The New Wave Connecticut reminds me of the old HdM Epicure blend back 10+ years ago...Connecticut wrapper, creamy, a bit on the mild side, and great with a cup of coffee in the morning. When they changed the blend, I eventually replaced it with the Padron '64 Principe which is just as creamy, but a ton more flavor....and a ton more money!

The Graycliff G2 presidente is a fairly tasty, reasonably priced, very mild stick. It is smoked regularly by some of my Herfing crew.

I believe the Epernays have no ligero in them at all.

I believe you are correct sir, my eye's must have skipped right over the Epenay

Writing "Do not post prior to first cup of coffee" 100 times now

:whistling:

Will throw my hat in the ring and say Gran Habano Corojo Vintage 2002.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I didn't realize how much this thread took off from last time I looked at it. Seems I've got some internet researchin' to do. Thanks, again!

rx2, Thanks for the offer. I still owe you for the last bunch you sent me! The selection is sitting in the fridgidor downstairs, but out of sight/out of mind... Finally got the box (she didn't throw it away!), so I will get those out to you on Monday, hopefully. I've had a head cold for the last week and haven't been smoking at all. Hope this isnt' the way you've been feeling, and that you are doing better... 'cause this SUCKS!

Big :thumbs: on the San Cristobal Elegancias and the Casa Toranos. Wonderfully well-constructed smokes with a mild but complex flavor profile. For a bit more money, Montecristo White Labels are a very nice smoke, and for a LOT more . . . any Davidoff. They're beautiful and very sophisticated, but . . . spendy.

~Boar

Assuming you are talking about ISOM Montecristos? I'll have to look and see what the Brits and Canuckians have to offer. I haven't been in there in a while.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I didn't realize how much this thread took off from last time I looked at it. Seems I've got some internet researchin' to do. Thanks, again!

rx2, Thanks for the offer. I still owe you for the last bunch you sent me! The selection is sitting in the fridgidor downstairs, but out of sight/out of mind... Finally got the box (she didn't throw it away!), so I will get those out to you on Monday, hopefully. I've had a head cold for the last week and haven't been smoking at all. Hope this isnt' the way you've been feeling, and that you are doing better... 'cause this SUCKS!

Alergies still, been really bad this yr and most of the sticks are still not tasting good with the exception of AB Fab Blend and CAO Ann Mad. Might take pneumonia for them to taste bad.

No worries, let me know what you want from the mild stuff, otherwise I will just send an assortment.

Big :thumbs: on the San Cristobal Elegancias and the Casa Toranos. Wonderfully well-constructed smokes with a mild but complex flavor profile. For a bit more money, Montecristo White Labels are a very nice smoke, and for a LOT more . . . any Davidoff. They're beautiful and very sophisticated, but . . . spendy.

~Boar
Assuming you are talking about ISOM Montecristos? I'll have to look and see what the Brits and Canuckians have to offer. I haven't been in there in a while.

These Monte's are NC, they are a good, mild smoke too, albeit pricey if you don't find them on Cbid or Joe's Daily Deal.

I was big on the regular San Cristobal line, then the sungrown release was a big let down. Since then I got gun shy regarding the Elegancia line, may just have to try a 5'ver. That and those EP Carrillo New Wave.