• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Min Ron Nee

Great King Rat

I keep seeing his name and I keep reading about his book.

Can some one go into detail how is this book layed out. I need deatils please.

How does it compare to our search database here?

Do I really need this book, are there any other comparable books? What makes MRN so special? Am I missing out on something special.

Thanks

Great King Rat said:
I keep seeing his name and I keep reading about his book.

Can some one go into detail how is this book layed out. I need deatils please.

How does it compare to our search database here?

Do I really need this book, are there any other comparable books? What makes MRN so special? Am I missing out on something special.

Thanks
[snapback]242791[/snapback]​

Lots of juicy pictures, reviews, information ... not perfect, but really an excellent work on his part. Makes you want to go out and buy more cigars though.

3059.jpg

Perhaps, I should stay clear. I already have a problem with buying. :whistling:

I just had smoke with a friend, and we always joke around on "what is your next purchase". At times we have to go over our orders to find out what we exactly have ordered. We are just goofballs gone wild.

I guess I can not get enough of that Habanos twang. For some reason I can not smoke my NCs anymore. They taste harsh or muted... So sad, I was really proud of my NCs. :(

Great King Rat said:
I guess I can not get enough of that Habanos twang. For some reason I can not smoke my NCs anymore. They taste harsh or muted... So sad, I was really proud of my NCs. :(
[snapback]242812[/snapback]​

There is an easy solution to this problem. Do what I do and only keep Opus, Anejos, Hemi maduros, VSGs, Padron Anniversarios and '26s, and DCM (plus some other random NC goodies) in stock. :thumbs: That way, when you decide to smoke an NC you KNOW it will not disappoint.

mrjinglesusa said:
Great King Rat said:

There is an easy solution to this problem. Do what I do and only keep Opus, Anejos, Hemi maduros, VSGs, Padron Anniversarios and '26s, and DCM (plus some other random NC goodies) in stock. :thumbs: That way, when you decide to smoke an NC you KNOW it will not disappoint.
[snapback]242847[/snapback]​
good advice jingles!

mrjinglesusa said:
Great King Rat said:

Fuggin' Cigar Snob! :sign:

cigardawg said:
mrjinglesusa said:
Great King Rat said:

Fuggin' Cigar Snob! :sign:
[snapback]242902[/snapback]​

You got that right! :p

I have read that there was going to be a US vendor getting the revised version of this book. Did that ever happen?

mrjinglesusa said:

Hi Jingles :D

:sign:

:cool:

NorCalCigarLover said:
mrjinglesusa said:

[snapback]242964[/snapback]​

Hi NorCalAnejoLover.

Ralph said:
Schwiering said:
I have read that there was going to be a US vendor getting the revised version of this book. Did that ever happen?
[snapback]242954[/snapback]​

Yep it did. I just got one through another board.

http://www.cigarwise.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16152

It's an amazing book. There may still be some available.
[snapback]242962[/snapback]​

Does the board sells them, or there is a retail store that carries them. I had seen them on ebay from UK.. However, I knew a revised version was coming to US.

mrjinglesusa said:
NorCalCigarLover said:
mrjinglesusa said:
There is an easy solution to this problem.  Do what I do and only keep Opus, Anejos, Hemi maduros, VSGs, Padron Anniversarios and '26s, and DCM (plus some other random NC goodies) in stock.  :thumbs:  That way, when you decide to smoke an NC you KNOW it will not disappoint.

[snapback]242964[/snapback]​

Hi NorCalAnejoLover.

[snapback]242975[/snapback]​

Opus, PAM, PAN do not come cheap and imho I do not think they worth the price. Lots of hype.

Great King Rat said:
Opus, PAM, PAN do not come cheap and imho I do not think they worth the price. Lots of hype.
[snapback]242982[/snapback]​

I'm glad you found your happy place :laugh:

Great King Rat said:

Yep, you are right. No one else should be buying these - more for me. :whistling:

The only non Cubans I have in stock are the following:

PAM

Opus

Diamond Crown naturals

Ashton Cabinet

Davidoff Milleniums and Aniversaries

Fuente Don Carlos

Ashton Aged Maduro

Fuente Anejo

Golf course cigars are the following:

JR Ultimate Cetros in double maduro

El Rey Del Mundo Rectangulars in maduro

Padron regular line in maduro

Except for the golfing cigars these are all top of the line non Cubans that deliver a consistent cigar every time. When purchased on sale they all can be had for a decent price.

In reference to the Min book, it is a very nice book with great pictures. As far as his tasting notes, I agree with some and disagree with others. An example is his tastes on Cohibas, he says he gets a lot of grassy tones from them and I get none of that.

Great King Rat said:
Ralph said:
Schwiering said:
[snapback]242954[/snapback]​

Yep it did. I just got one through another board.

http://www.cigarwise.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16152

It's an amazing book. There may still be some available.
[snapback]242962[/snapback]​

Does the board sells them, or there is a retail store that carries them. I had seen them on ebay from UK.. However, I knew a revised version was coming to US.
[snapback]242981[/snapback]​

The board itself is not selling them. A board member who is an acquaintance of Min Ron NEE has organized this group buy of 170 copies and I don't believe they're all taken. For a $75 donation to the World Wildlife Fund the book will be sent to you. (No additional charges for shipping.)

This version is a reprinting NOT a revision. Although some minor errors were corrected, no new cigars created after the initial printing of the book. I do not believe there is a revised version in the works. There is a U.S. distributor (which is where the author purchased the 170 books) but I know of no US retail store that currently carries the book. When it finally becomes available in the states, you won't find it anywhere for $75.

Ralph said:
I do not believe there is a revised version in the works.
[snapback]243022[/snapback]​

Actually there is a fully revised edition that's being worked on right now. MRN has several good friends on the various boards and at least one of them is collaborating with him to bring it up to date. Well, it ain't me, so don't ask :p

Wilkey

Great King Rat said:

Oh, through the heart Rat, you got me through the heart! :D

Just kidding. Value is in the eye of the beholder for sure but sticks like the VSG and PAM, Series26 are what keep me from totally tipping over to the darks side. If only N/C could come up with great small sticks like the Shorts, RSCC, BPC, etc. we'd have even less reason to go there all the time.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
Great King Rat said:
Opus, PAM, PAN do not come cheap and imho I do not think they worth the price.  Lots of hype.

Oh, through the heart Rat, you got me through the heart! :D

Just kidding. Value is in the eye of the beholder for sure but sticks like the VSG and PAM, Series26 are what keep me from totally tipping over to the darks side. If only N/C could come up with great small sticks like the Shorts, RSCC, BPC, etc. we'd have even less reason to go there all the time.

Wilkey
[snapback]243084[/snapback]​

PAM Principe & OpusX #4 (or Perfexion #5) - all you'll ever need. ;)