• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Min Ron Nee

I picked up this book during a GB from another board. I think I paid about $70 shipped.

Excellent read and great coffee table book.

This looks like a pretty interesting book to have also; so, I ordered it and the MRN book.

You made a good purchase. Del Todesco's book is a great read. I only wish it was updated. Here is another nice book sold at Amazon. It is by Vahe Gerard. It is the most "readable" of the three (including MRN's), in my opinion. Two small volumes. The first being a nice overview of cigars (about 95% coverage of Habanos) and the second volume is encyclopedic like MRN's tome.

http://www.amazon.com/Cigars-Vahe-Gerard/d...7008798-6544665

I picked up this book during a GB from another board. I think I paid about $70 shipped.

Excellent read and great coffee table book.

I agree and that was one great price.

I paid $100.00 shipped when it was first released.

Gonz has it correct the books that are out there are the second printing.

Both Gonz and Anthony are correct. The latest version of MRN's encyclopaedia is a second reprint.

Rob

Gonz, Anthony, and Rob are correct. The latest version of MRN's encyclopaedia is a second reprint. :sign:

I have to agree with Gonz, Anthony, Rob and Sam!! The latest version of MRN's encyclopaedia is a second reprint. Nothing substantial other than correction of some spelling errors...

BTW - the really nice thing about MRN's book is the 100% life size pictures of all of the cigars. Makes it really easy to match what it is you have in your hands. I just wish the book was up to date - there are an awful lot of the newer cigars out there that are not listed in the book...

A German edition of MRN, translated by Christoph Wolters (then LCDH Cologne, now Hamburg), appeared in 2005. The number is ISBN 3-9809308-1-5. It contains an additional chapter describing the newer cigars written and photographed by MRN. The German edition costs 96 Euro.