• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mini-Herf in Denver?

Boogs34

I'll be flying into Denver on Sunday May 20 and leaving Thursday May 24 for business. I will have little to do on Monday - Wednesday as I am flying in on a solo-training job and don't know anyone except for my 1 teammate that has different hobbies (let's leave it at that).

I will be staying near 16th Street in Downtown. If there are any good places around there to enjoy a cigar and/or you'd like to meet up for a cigar or beer, let me know. If there are no places to enjoy a cigar in the evening (after 7pm), what is a good place down there I can enjoy a beer and watch some sports?

I'm not sure what time I'll be getting out of work, but I think (hope?) around 7pm although Wednesday could go pretty late (I talked the company down from a 5 day trip to a 3 day trip so I assume I'll be making that up through overtime).

I posted this in the lobby because due to the short notice, I figure more people from Denver may potentially see this than if I just laid it in the HERF section.

If you are downtown we could always hit Churchill's Cigar Bar. It is fairly swanky so bring your own sticks. I will check my schedule but I am sure I can make one of those nights work. Denver guys, whatcha think?

I'm up for it! Churchill's is in the Brown Palace Hotel. They have an outstanding selection of choice spirits, but the cigar prices make Vegas look like Atlanta.

keep me updated, and I will show up :) I have never done Churchills, so that sounds fun.

Alas..., my schedule won't allow me to attend. Churchills is a great spot & those who can join you will make sure you are treated well!

Sorry to hear that, Dale. BTW, Churchhill's is where you can enjoy a beverage, watch some sports, AND have a fine cigar.

I'll PM you Denver guys my email and cell shortly. Whatever date works best for you guys, I'll try and make it. Either way, I'm definitely going to check this place out.
AJ

Oddly enough I will be in Denver on the nights of the 23rd and 24th. If you are all meeting on either of those dates let me know. Otherwise I amy have to check our Churchills alone.

- Jason

EDIT Holy shiznit! I just looked at the cigar list they had linked to their website.

Cigar Price List

My first reaction was that the prices were in Pesos! $75 for an Opus X . . . :laugh:

Oddly enough I will be in Denver on the nights of the 23rd and 24th. If you are all meeting on either of those dates let me know. Otherwise I amy have to check our Churchills alone.

- Jason

EDIT Holy shiznit! I just looked at the cigar list they had linked to their website.

Cigar Price List

My first reaction was that the prices were in Pesos! $75 for an Opus X . . . :laugh:

Well, SHIT! I'm for moving to the 23rd. I'll drink with a lawyer!

edit to add: you should see all the tailored suits in there. $75 is tip money.

- Jason

Cigar Price List

I smoked a $28 PAM Principe in there one night. Proper packing and preparation is a must. BYOC or a hefty and lienient expense account.

- Jason

Cigar Price List

I smoked a $28 PAM Principe in there one night. Proper packing and preparation is a must. BYOC or a hefty and lienient expense account.

Be careful if Jonas has his bottle of ether along..... We will have to hit Churchill's next time I'm out.

Cheers,

Quade

- Jason

Cigar Price List

If you want to push this back to the 23rd or come 2 days, I'll try to make it by 7. There are no gaurantees (no matter what day really because I'm a lowly analyst and they may just keep me in as long as they please). But just let me know what day you guys want to meet and I'm game. Either way, just let me know whatever day(s) you guys plan on going, and if I'm out of the office by that time, I'll make the short walk over (it's not like I have anything else to do!)

Thanks guys! Gives me 1 thing to look forward to!

BTW, yes, I hate my job and am actively seeking a new one :cool:

- Jason

Cigar Price List

If you want to push this back to the 23rd or come 2 days, I'll try to make it by 7. There are no gaurantees (no matter what day really because I'm a lowly analyst and they may just keep me in as long as they please). But just let me know what day you guys want to meet and I'm game. Either way, just let me know whatever day(s) you guys plan on going, and if I'm out of the office by that time, I'll make the short walk over (it's not like I have anything else to do!)

Thanks guys! Gives me 1 thing to look forward to!

BTW, yes, I hate my job and am actively seeking a new one :cool:

Shoot, bring em all! Between us, I'm sure we can poke a stogie in every face. What do yall think about doing this twice?

- Jason

Cigar Price List

LOL........Rare/exotic list includes Macanudo.

- Jason

Cigar Price List

LOL........Rare/exotic list includes Macanudo.

What's even better is the display case full of pre-embargo ISOMs. They all look pretty grim to me for $150 and up, each. I've never seen a sale from the case, though they enjoy pretty good sales from their dailies case.

OK. I am flying in on the 23rd ealy as our conference begins at 11:30am. The conference ends that evening at 5:30pm however there is a cocktail party which is supposed to go until 8:30. I am going with my boss and not sure if we will be attending the party. Either way I will see if he wants to join us as well.

I am staying at The Westin Tabor Center which appears to be only a couple blocks away so that is good.

Also, what is the preferred dress for Churchills?? I probably will not be bringing a suit and tie but can bring a nice shirt and sport coat if needed.

So are we good for the 23rd? If so PM me some cell#'s and I will do the same.

Let me know.

- Jason

OK. I am flying in on the 23rd ealy as our conference begins at 11:30am. The conference ends that evening at 5:30pm however there is a cocktail party which is supposed to go until 8:30. I am going with my boss and not sure if we will be attending the party. Either way I will see if he wants to join us as well.

I am staying at The Westin Tabor Center which appears to be only a couple blocks away so that is good.

Also, what is the preferred dress for Churchills?? I probably will not be bringing a suit and tie but can bring a nice shirt and sport coat if needed.

So are we good for the 23rd? If so PM me some cell#'s and I will do the same.

Let me know.

- Jason

I'm not 100 pct, Jason, but Churchhills will be a good play, with or without us locals. Dress varies - you'll be at home with your dressed down suit, or with jeans and a polo. Nobody seems to care and there is no formal dress code. The place will likely have plenty of suits, though. At most, I'll be in slacks and a starched button down - my work uniform.

I'll be wearing shorts and a loud shirt, but I may leave the flip flops at home just to dress up a bit.