• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Miracle Berry

I have tried the extract a few times with cigars. It has a little bit of sweetening effect, but is much more interesting with lemons, limes, grapefruit, Stout, unsweetened chocolate and a few other things. It tastes like strawberries and starts out a little bitter, but the bitterness is quickly overwhelmed with sweetness. Then it makes everything sour, very sweet. For cigars it didn't really do as much as I expected. BUT TRY IT ANYWAYS!

Overall, Miracle Berry is definitely worth trying. I have ordered it from a few places and the best quality extract comes from a place in NJ. Bio-resources International. The link is http://www.miraculin.com/

You will also soon be able to buy plants from a vendor in FL...
You may have to Google for that link.

I checked my miracleberry stash and I have enough to send out to a few people. Maybe 4-5. Send me a PM and I'll send it out until I run out.

+++Since I have a limited supply, I would prefer to only send it to people who showed interest in this post first. If I still have more I'll announce it. If your names in the post PM me.+++

I would eat a couple before sex to make things taste sweeter, but an hour might not be long enough. :laugh:

I decided to add some info to the miracle berry discussion. I also have a few spots on the list left.

First of all, I have been sending out the extract of the berry. Most of the fruit originates in Ghana, and getting fresh fruit is very difficult. I'm not sure if the fresh berry is in season or available yet in this country. As it has gotten a lot of publicity for a plant in such short supply, most of the imported plant comes in extract form. There is a guy in FL making progress at making the plants commercially available and I belive that I am on the list to be one of his first customers. Not sure about the plants requirements besides acidic soil.
I am sending out enough for two people per request. I suggest trying it with someone just because it adds to the experience. It takes a few minds to discover new fruits to try.

You can try a lot of different foods, but keep in mind that this acts as an artificial sweetener that you take in advance. It does tend to make sweet things sweeter.

Lemons - Don't try the miracle berry unless you have at least 3 lemons around. Lemons become delicious. They taste like the best oranges you've ever had. If you remember... Seedless are nice because you will be eating them like oranges.

Stout - A nice stout tastes like a milkshake, and even if it's a bitter stout, it goes down smooth.

Limes - Taste like Lime-Aid.

Goat Cheese - Tastes like icing

Dill Pickles - Turns them into bread and butter tasting pickles.

Balsamic Vinegar - On a spoon tastes like honey.

Rice wine vinegar - On a spoon, but not as nice as balsamic.

Coffee - No sugar needed.

Things that weren't great;
Gatorade - I am a Gatorade addict. It's all I drink. Due to the electrolytes, or salty finish as cigar smokes put it, it gets very sweet. So sweet I was unable to drink it.

Sour Patch Kids - More like sweet patch kids

Other then that, experiment. The effect lasts over an hour so you will have some time to think about what you want to try, but I will suggest cutting the lemons in advance.

The idea that really has me intrigued would be to create a sugar-free desert menu. Perhaps a sugarless lemon tort or a sugarless flourless chocolate cake. I'm not a chef, but I would really love to see the berry work its way into the culinary arts.
I also think this berry could help those with diabetes. It would allow them to eat less sugar but still get the sweetness.

As I understand it, there was an effort in the 70's to bring this into the artificial sweetener industry, but the sugar industry pressured the FDA and it was not approved as an additive. This means it is not legal to include it in foods or sell it as a food additive. Of course, it is legal to sell as a berry extract, and you can do whatever you want to with the extract.

OH... When you eat the extract, make sure all of the particles cover every part of your tongue before you swallow, particularly the back. You want to paint your taste buds with the fruit. Besides that, refrigerate it for long term storage.

Please post your experiences in this post as well...

The list is closed...

1. JFields
2. Grateful1
3. Green Monkey
4. Trogdor
5. Rod
6. SeanDamnit
7. Sack
8. Insight
9. Ginseng

Enjoy guys.

Thanks FootBag! Got mine, and I will give it a try this week. Will post my results once I try it.

What an interesting little fruit. I will have to get some of these and try them out at the next house party I throw.

Thanks! Got mine and I will probably give em a shot shortly.

Thanks FootBag! Got mine, will wait for friends to get back from trip and then we will give it a try

I got my miracle fruit tablets this weekend.
Tried two tablets. Berry berry interesting.
:)

Jack

When we tried em I decided to try a rocky patel to see if the miracle berry really could perform miracles. It was still fuggin horrible.

When we tried em I decided to try a rocky patel to see if the miracle berry really could perform miracles. It was still fuggin horrible.

To turn a dog rocket into a delight, these surely would be miracle berries. C'mon Gary - whats the verdict?

Got my plant! Here's a pic!

IMG_2313.jpg