• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mixing beads

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
Can anyone tell me if mixing 65% and 70% beads would work out? Would one cancel the other and the RH meet somewhere in between or would they just fight each other and not do much of anything?

I know my humi won't explode or anything.

I ask becasue I have a fair amount of 65ers left but just not enough to regulate my coolerdor and I have a chance to get a few 70s pretty cheap and easy.

I asked Viper this very question, hoping I'd get something like 68% beads, but he said no. The lower beads will suck RH from the higher beads and nulify them out, pretty much.

Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't really looking for a particular result, just didn't want to leave my leftover 65s unused after getting the 70s.

So basically the 65s will cxl out the 70s and it will stay around 65%?

But it won't hurt anything, so I guess it can be done.

thanks again

I guess I will clarify.

The 70% beads will work at keping the Rh up at the 70% level. When they give off moisture to get to the 70% level the 65% beads will absorb the excess moisture trying to keep the Rh down at 65% until they become filled with moisture. During this time the Rh will be closer to 70%. As soon as the 70% beads run out of moisture the Rh will drop pretty quickly to the 65% level and the 65% beads will take over.

viper139 said:
I guess I will clarify.

The 70% beads will work at keping the Rh up at the 70% level. When they give off moisture to get to the 70% level the 65% beads will absorb the excess moisture trying to keep the Rh down at 65% until they become filled with moisture. During this time the Rh will be closer to 70%. As soon as the 70% beads run out of moisture the Rh will drop pretty quickly to the 65% level and the 65% beads will take over.
[snapback]245873[/snapback]​

Sounds like fisson or fusion!
Next, I'd assume that the 65% beads saturate and the 70% take over.
This would happen quicker and quicker until the heat generated from this reaction causes a series of small fires.
Probably take a few millenia to occur, but I'd put a smoke detector in the box just to be safe!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jim

Thanks for the more detailed explanation, it does clarify things.

Maybe I'll just order some more 65ers and pass on the few 70s my buddy has left over just to keep from having a bead civil war in my midst!

thanks again,

Basically if the bead type of which you have more will win as it will either release enough moisture to overwhelm the drying ability of the other one, or suck out enough moisture to overwhelm the other one's ability to keep the higher humidity.

And if you had exactly the same amount of both?

What happens when an irresistable force meets an immovable object?

Tenpin said:
viper139 said:
I guess I will clarify.

[snapback]245873[/snapback]​

Sounds like fisson or fusion!
Next, I'd assume that the 65% beads saturate and the 70% take over.
This would happen quicker and quicker until the heat generated from this reaction causes a series of small fires.
Probably take a few millenia to occur, but I'd put a smoke detector in the box just to be safe!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jim
[snapback]245875[/snapback]​

Well how else do you think they make diamonds. :laugh: