• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mold at the local B&M....

Yambor44, as a few BOTL's have said it's definitely mold.

In your picks there are obvious white spots, if it was plume the cigars would have an even coating of what looks like a very fine dust.

Remember plume occurs all over pretty evenly and mold shows up in spots.

Like BlindedByScience said, check the foot. I find as long as the foot isn't moldy and the mold brushes off easily the smoke is usually salvageable. If any mold has started growing on the foot or is any color other than white I would just throw it away. I can't see the foot of your cigars in the pics so I can't say for sure, but it looks to me like you may be able to save the sticks, brush off all of the mold and light one up and see how it is.

Yambor44, as a few BOTL's have said it's definitely mold.

In your picks there are obvious white spots, if it was plume the cigars would have an even coating of what looks like a very fine dust.

Remember plume occurs all over pretty evenly and mold shows up in spots.

Like BlindedByScience said, check the foot. I find as long as the foot isn't moldy and the mold brushes off easily the smoke is usually salvageable. If any mold has started growing on the foot or is any color other than white I would just throw it away. I can't see the foot of your cigars in the pics so I can't say for sure, but it looks to me like you may be able to save the sticks, brush off all of the mold and light one up and see how it is.
I'd also add that if you have the fluffy white variety and the cigars do not smell musty, then the brush and smoke technique will work fine. If you see any darker mold, especially near the foot, and the cigar smells noticeably musty, it's a goner.

Wilkey

Yambor44, as a few BOTL's have said it's definitely mold...
... brush off all of the mold and light one up and see how it is.

I would add: If you are going to brush off the mold, make sure you DO NOT do this near your other sticks, or the mold spores will likely end up on them and spread the mold. :thumbs:

Yambor44, as a few BOTL's have said it's definitely mold...
... brush off all of the mold and light one up and see how it is.

I would add: If you are going to brush off the mold, make sure you DO NOT do this near your other sticks, or the mold spores will likely end up on them and spread the mold. :thumbs:

oops.............

too late.

P5280153.jpg