• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MOLDLY CIGARS

Here are your pictures.

mold01.jpg

mold02.jpg

Wilkey

:0 :0
make him stop! :0
I dont know if that is just a wipe and smoke case there. At least it is only those 4 and not a bunch more. For what it is worth I try to keep my sticks around 60%. I have burn issues if they are at higher RH. Tough break though :(

Brandon

The Master said:
I've been storing my cigars at the levels I mentioned for over 5 years. Anyone who has been to my house and smoked out of my cabinet can attest to the fact that my cigars are not too dry and are still supple. Trust me, your cigars will be fine when you lower your levels to my suggestion.
[snapback]298530[/snapback]​

Because someone had to say it, why dont you send me a couple to try so I can vouch for you?
:sign:

i took a chance and smoked one of the RASS. it was a tight draw..so much that i couldn't even finish the damn thing..makes me double angry..moldy and tight on the draw. perhaps reaffirms the high RH. i have a drawpoker enroute for future issues. other than the draw, the taste seemed fine. i have wiped down the remaining sticks and will smoke yet another tomorrow..it was mentioned taste could be effected..if so, what should i expect?

cgarlvr said:
moldy and tight on the draw. perhaps reaffirms the high RH.
[snapback]298632[/snapback]​
They are most certainly related.
Follow The Masters instructions, store your cigars at 58-62 percent humidity and if you can find a place in your
house to keep them at a lower temperature than 74 degrees.

In Hawaii the ambient humidity was often 80 - 90% :0
I would try to keep my cigars at 60 - 65%

Now I have to keep the humidor more humid than the ambient air
I will still try for 60 -65%. I like the burn and flavor best at that humidity

Bill

keep the replies coming..i appreciate each and every one.

Those pictures made me almost as sad as the ones of the Padróns that the beetles munched. :(

Wurm said:
Those pictures made me almost as sad as the ones of the Padróns that the beetles munched. :(
[snapback]299577[/snapback]​

That was a whole log uglier Shawn, IMO. Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Wilkey

Wurm said:

if someone has a link to that beetle eaten cigar, i would like to have a view.

Ginseng said:
Wurm said:

That was a whole log uglier Shawn, IMO. Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Wilkey
[snapback]299587[/snapback]​

Thats why I said almost bro, however I frigging HATE MOLD brrrrrrrrrrr...

stuff gives me the creeps.

Qualls07, if you are ever in town you are more than welcome to come look for yourself as to how perfect my cigars are. lol

Damn, that is some serious mold. I would throw them away and not try smoking them.

If you do not have the ability to control temperature, the cheapest thing to buy is a Haier Wine cooler, you can store your cigars in that with a couple of cheap modifications. Keeping your temp under 70 degrees is very important.

Thought I'd throw in a few pictures of a box of moldy Bolivar Coronas Juniors I received and then promptly sent back for replacement. In this case, the mold was not as extensive as in your case. However, in my case, the cigars had clearly been wet for an extended period of time and smelled quite musty. Dusting them off and smoking them was not an option.

MoldyBoliCJ01.jpg

MoldyBoliCJ02.jpg

Wilkey