• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte #2 ISOM

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
Had my first monte #2 today. What an experience. I'm not very good at detecting flavors or anything but I do know what I like. This was arguably the best cigar I've ever had. A great draw with big plumes of smoke. A consistent burn with a very solid ash that would not let go. It was powerful yet smooth. When I got up after sitting for an hour, cigar in hand, I needed a little time to balance myself, LOL. I didn't want it to end. I look forward to getting more in IGBC II.

Thanks Joe.M. for fulfilling the wish list. :thumbs:

Glad you enjoyed it! :thumbs: Anytime my friend! ;)

Hmmmm, I haven't had my first one........................today! ;)

When these are on they are at the top of the list. :thumbs:

Allofus123 said:
When these are on they are at the top of the list. :thumbs:
I must have never had one that was on....because I don't see what's so great about them. ??? JMO

I've had several that sucked and several that were outstanding. Like Al said, when on they are great.

I have a No. 4 that some wonderful person sent me. Does the 2 taste anything like the 4?

Damn...I hate to hear the Monte-2 sometimes disappoints. I had my one and only so far last month and I was looking forward to many more hours of pure pleasure when I ordered a box. I hope I got some good ones!

-Craig

:) Age, age, age. Well, OK, not that much, but give 'em at least a week or two in the humidor before you fire one up (Ha, like any of us wait that long!) Really though, I've been told by people I respect that if you can put some aside for a considerable length of time, like 6 months to a year, you'lll be amazed at the difference
time can make.

Hey psyktek, try putin' some away for say 4 to 5 years and then you'll see a difference... :p

Five years!?!? I could be dead in five years! YOu think I"m gonna leave any ISOMS around for my clueless inlaws to paw through and then pitch in the trash?
Hell no! Why I'll burn 'em all up myself before I'll let that happen!

I will be going to Encenada sometime this month. I was thinking about getting a box to start a pass. The Monte #2's sound like a good choice. Would this be a smart thing to do?

The Monte #2's sound like a good choice. Would this be a smart thing to do?

Sounds like a great idea to me but be careful to make sure you get the real thing. Lots of bogus product out there.

I know of a good tobacco shop in Encenada. They spent a lot of time with me showing how to tell the real McCoy.

I had my first #2 this last weekend. It was prety new so I should have known better, but I coudn't wait. What a disapointment. It was just very strong and one dimensional. It had a peppery taste that just overpowered anything else that may have been there as well. I've had other strong ISOM's but this was just too much and not even in a fun way.

I think I'll wait a while on anymore #2's.

gibu said:
I had my first #2 this last weekend. It was prety new so I should have known better, but I coudn't wait. What a disapointment. It was just very strong and one dimensional. It had a peppery taste that just overpowered anything else that may have been there as well. I've had other strong ISOM's but this was just too much and not even in a fun way.

I think I'll wait a while on anymore #2's.
I agree with you steve, just got a box 2 months ago and they are power houses! I have quite a few that are 2 - 4 years old that are fantastic!

I have been conversing with an ole' female friend in England lately (past 6 months) and i told her i was getting married soon. So what do I get in the mail yesterday, 2 Monte#2s in a Altura Humi Pouch stuff in side of an old Sancho Panza Non - Plus box. Outstanding..... :D :thumbs: :p
I'm planning on sending here a thank you package of stuff from here, ie. Disney stuff and a few other Florida Souveniers. :)