• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte# 2 Take 2

siriusstoogie

Bellus Filipinus Vir! :)
I lit up my second Monte 2 ever. what a week of rest has done with this for me. a totally different experience! prelight draw was creamy. lighting the foot was a cinch. the first 1/4 was a complex woody, spice flavor without any bitterness. the next half caught me by surprise. all of a sudden i found myself drawing a creamy leathery tasting smoke with a hint of sweetness. this went on till the last quarter. it lost the sweetness but the cream leathery taste continued. what a fine smoke indeed.

Glad you had a pleasant experience mate. :)

Gotta love them Montes #2's a true classic. :thumbs: I have a few that I will test that are in different stages of aging. A few fresh (couple of months old) one with a year one it and one with three. Can't wait.

I had my first tonight, and I think your review was dead on. I have been putting off trying this one because of all of the hype. There is nothing worse than being disappointed with a cigar. After about three months of rest in my humi it was begging to be smoked everytime I opened the door. My only other experience was the #4's, #5's, and tubos and this was one hell of a different experience. I was two hours of relaxation and pure havana pleasure. Unfortunately, now the Edmundos and the "A" are getting louder in my head! ???

great review and great cigar.

n

Glad ya had a good experience........ these are my favorite...... so far

Thanks. I like these so much that I pulled a trigger on another box to age. hopefully to not even open the box until 2007 or 2008. this will be going stratight to my coolerdor. LD

Nice review. When this cigar is on, it is hard to beat. Some of the best flavors that I have ever experienced in a cigar have come from a Monte No. 2. :thumbs:

However, for some reason, they have been inconsistent in my experience. Sometimes they are just flat. :(

CD,

do you think its from being mass produced. has anyone traced inconsistencies to a certain factory(ies)? I wonder.

But I was lucky enough to lit one that was on. :) and :thumbs: for that.

I so so MC#2 beats a whole lot of cigars IMHO.