• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte Edmundos

nfulton

Montecristo Edmundo
Cuban
Size: 5.3 x 52

I am not going to do a formal review because I have only had two, but I did want to see what others were saying. If it is anything like my experience, I think it is time to pick up a box.

I smoked the first early Sunday afternoon and was absolutely floored by the complexity and flavor (not always present in the montes that I have had which I love but seem more one dimensional), especially in such a young cigar. Toasty, earthy, spicy...a bit like the no. 2 but with something else that I couldn't put my finger on. Something more. The spice was more pleasant and had more "nose' to it and was not peppery at all. It was well rolled, but not quite perfect, but had that perfect sponginess which gave it a great draw. It was so good, that after a few chores, I ran back out to the porch and fired up another. Same thing! Spot on to my tastes. A slow, slow burner and more than ample smoke. It began on the lower end of the medium/full side only gradually increased in strength.

Anyhow, any other reviewers care to give me an opinion.

Nate

edited to add date

I picked up the original release last year.
When I first smoked it it lacked everything. Was a very boring cigar.

I recently revisted one a cple weeks ago and was pleasantly suprised on how much it had matured.

I hear that the newer release is much better. But i think these given some more time will truly be something spectacular.

Smoked my first a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. A fine smoke for a two year old. If they continue to improve I'll be very happy.

Your review of the Edmundo is spot on... I got a 15er awhile back, and the first one I tried out of the box was as you wrote, except for burn issues (kept going out after the halfway point), which I attributed to the youngness of the stick (March05). I recently tried another, with no burn problems at all, and the same flavor profile. Great stick!

Robert

Buy the box and offer me a fiver :whistling: Nice sticks with minimal aging I've found.

I've been hearing ALOT of good things about these lately. Since I had to return a bad drawing box of Monte #2. I now have some funds to play with and am seriously considering a box of these!

I am not a fan of the Edmundos. I think they are rather boring and very light in the strength department. I also feel they have very little Monte flavors.

Very nice & enticing review Nate. I haven't had any experience with Edmundos yet they have been on my smoking cross hairs for some time now. I have been gifted one by one angry yellow brudah :p and it's been calling my name for some time now. To be honest with all the sticks that I haven't experienced yet I like to save them for an optimal tasting experience (even trying to make it more special & memorable) so that I can fully enjoy the first ever discovery experience. This one is being saved to be followed up by a Monte #2 (that has also been my first aged Habano received from the Newbie trade) so hopefully this will be as nice as experience as yours. :thumbs: