• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte. Platinum

Randyb1

I've been looking at the Monte Platinum for some time now, or was it the Platinum girl :whistling: . I just finished reading the spring issue of Cigar Mag. and the Platinum petite No2. Torpedo looked very good. Are they any good, I don't want to end up with a box of something I can't even tast :( which has been my experience with Montecristo's so far I do tend to lean toward fuller bodied cigars.

Thanks Randy :D

Not bad, a little bland. Think I still have a couple if you want them.

The Monte Platinum #1 is one of my favs - med bodied - nice flavor IMO...

gtphale said:
Seen monte plats and new you would jump on this subject George
[snapback]165988[/snapback]​

Yep - had me a Monte Afrique the ohter night - a Monte White robusto today... How'd you guess??? :whistling:

ggiese said:
gtphale said:

Yep - had me a Monte Afrique the ohter night - a Monte White robusto today... How'd you guess??? :whistling:
[snapback]166006[/snapback]​
Well you might like the Monte Buena Fortuna... A nice sweet medium cigar. Lots of smoke and great draw!

Emo

Joe said:
[snapback]165970[/snapback]​

Ditto! Though I would add very bland. I gave all mine away.

Jim

I have tried the Monte platinums. I like them. In fact, it is the only Altadis monte that I will smoke other than the peruvians. I found the plats to be medium bodied with decent flavor. Though I am not a fan of Mex wrappers, the habano wrapper that they use on this cigar it good. It surprised me.

However, I do have to agree with emodx...try the monte. peruvians (buena fortuna, fer de lance, etc.). They have much more flavor, especially the new maduro line. Great little cigar.

I jumped on the 9.99 for 4 web deal a few months ago. Somked the torp one of the other sizes so far. I didn't like them at all. Tastless and just plain bad imho.

Joe said:

That would be great.
Let me know what you like and we can work out a trade.

Randyb1 said:
Joe said:
Not bad, a little bland.  Think I still have a couple if you want them.

That would be great.
[snapback]166060[/snapback]​

They will go out tomorrow.

emodx said:
ggiese said:
gtphale said:

[snapback]166006[/snapback]​
Well you might like the Monte Buena Fortuna... A nice sweet medium cigar. Lots of smoke and great draw!

Emo
[snapback]166010[/snapback]​

I had one of those a couple of weeks ago - that was also a very nice smoke!!! I wished now I would have picked up an extra box when they were on special a while back....

The great draw part was the interesting part of that smoke. Some of the Monte's I've had in that ring gauge have been a little tight (i.e. the "Fancytales") - there was a nice draw on the Buena Fortuna.

I am interested in the Monte Peruvian. Never tried one yet before but it sounds interesting. Any body got a few extra that you can send my way ?

Thanks in advance. :D

Joe said:
Randyb1 said:
Joe said:
Not bad, a little bland.  Think I still have a couple if you want them.

That would be great.
[snapback]166060[/snapback]​

They will go out tomorrow.
[snapback]166065[/snapback]​

Thanks Joe, received the Monte Plat. along with some other nice looking sticks,
I think I might have a few smokes laying around you might enjoy :whistling:

Im hopeing this weekend will be nice so I can give it a try :D , I'm stuck either smoking outside, or hijacking Gibu's house,

Thanks again for going to all the effort and of course the sticks :D
Randy