• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Media Noche

collegestu

I was told that the Montecristo Media Noche was a private selection that Montecristo makes just for CI.

A. is this true?

B. if so, what would be the comparable stick that Montecristo makes from there regular line?

Thanks for the help

A. Not likely as Google returns 5 or 6 online vendors with stock.

B. One of the vendors reports that it is the only maduro made by Montecristo.

I do not believe it is a limited edition for CI. I also believe Larry is correct that it is their first and only maduro cigar. I had one a little while back.... I didn't take any notes on it, but I remember it being a medium towards the full side of the cigar, stronger than most montecristos, but very smooth and creamy.

From what I remember about it I would recommend giving it a try.

A. No, it's not a CI exclusive.

B. I'm not sure of something similar from montecristo...however, the wrapper is supposed to be the same maduro that can be found on Padron 1964's grown on the Turrent family's farm in Mexico.

I'll probably get dinged for this but the Devil's Site has 6 or 8 different auctions running for these. :whistling:

Yeah, I've had a couple of these. Definitely a maduro. Definitely more of a full bodied smoke than any other Monte's I've had. Not my favorite, but not bad either.

Yeah, I've had a couple of these. Definitely a maduro. Definitely more of a full bodied smoke than any other Monte's I've had. Not my favorite, but not bad either.

Similar to what DD said. Love maduros - but this is not as good as I expected from the Monte line.

And I though it was a good smoke. Either Im bad at rating, havent tried your good sticks, or my taste is different. I think its the latter since Im still young compaired to the reg you see around and my palet is still wandering the scale (found my brands, just not my strength). At times I can go for a GAR or AVO, then I can go for a CAO Bazilia or Da Vinci Masterpiece. Anywho, what would any of you recommend then that would be better, I like the 2 Manduro's named above, and Maxx is not all that bad especially for the price. But anything like an opus X is a little to strong for me if Im going to get more than one at a time.

And I though it was a good smoke. Either Im bad at rating, havent tried your good sticks, or my taste is different. I think its the latter since Im still young compaired to the reg you see around and my palet is still wandering the scale (found my brands, just not my strength). At times I can go for a GAR or AVO, then I can go for a CAO Bazilia or Da Vinci Masterpiece. Anywho, what would any of you recommend then that would be better, I like the 2 Manduro's named above, and Maxx is not all that bad especially for the price. But anything like an opus X is a little to strong for me if Im going to get more than one at a time.

PM me your addy or update in your profile!

John

collegestu...the technical information you have received on the Monte Media Noche is correct, but as much as I respect jorel and DirtyDave's opinions, my personal experience has been somewhat different. True there are many great maduros out there, but I find the Monte to be reliable. It is stronger than the regular production Montes, but it is a maduro after all. A very sweet profile too, likely due to the maduro wrapper. If you haven't tried it, I would recommend it as well. Get a 5-pk and see for yourself.

I also think the media noche is a pretty reliable cigar. Nice rich flavors that border a medium to full body.

Montecristo also makes the Reserva Negra. Also a dark full body cigar. Can't confirm that it is a maduro, as I have not tried it or even seen it in person.

Thanks,

Brian

I hated the ones I had.

I'd rather smoke the CI "Blue Label" brand any day of the week.

A. No, it's not a CI exclusive.

B. I'm not sure of something similar from montecristo...however, the wrapper is supposed to be the same maduro that can be found on Padron 1964's grown on the Turrent family's farm in Mexico.

Padrón uses other farm's tobacco? First time I've heard that.

And I though it was a good smoke.

I just got an email from CBid that they have a 10 pack of Edmundos on Special. Starting bid is 39.99 for the 10 pack, 125 packs available: http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=780888

thanks for the heads up guys, you remind me all the time why I enjoy coming to this site.