• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo new bands?

Padron1926

Has anyone seen the new embossed Montecristo bands? I read the they were going to start using them in 2006, but I have some 2007 no.2s that aren't embossed. They have the same band as my other boxes that are early 2006 or before. They are all from the same source. Could someone please help out?

Who are you?

Why not hop over to the Introduce Yourself forum and introduce yourself?

Wilkey

Welcome Padron1926! :thumbs:

One of my favorite cigars!

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question about the Montecristo bands as I'm not much of a Monte fan, however whenever grateful1 gifts me a Monte, I enjoy every bit of it!!

Your screen name caught my eye so I just wanted to stop in and say "Hey!" :) and welcome to CigarPass.

Who are you?

Wilkey

If he wants to tell us, he will, if not it's no big deal. It really has nothing to do with his question. Do you have any information to help him out Wilkey? If so, it might be nice for you to share your knowledge with the audience.

Who are you?

Wilkey

If he wants to tell us, he will, if not it's no big deal. It really has nothing to do with his question. Do you have any information to help him out Wilkey? If so, it might be nice for you to share your knowledge with the audience.

Yeah no doubt... come on guys, posting an Intro shouldn't be REQUIRED to ask a question or two here at CP. It still good form for a new guy or gal to do so, but answering the question at the same time as giving them a point in the right direction, is the polite thing to do.

*edit* Me no speaky da english so good... :rolleyes:

Yeah no doubt... come on guys, posting an Intro shouldn't be REQUIRED to ask a question or two here at CP. It still good form for a new guy or gal to do so, but answering the question at the same time as giving them a point in the right direction, is the polite thing to do.

Very true. We can't claim to be a friendly site and then squash simple queries just because someone hasn't posted an intro. He wasn't seeking sources, just info on bands.

Padron1926, in Wilkey's defense, he's one of the most helpful guys on this site. Musta had a bad day -- we all do.

Actually Wilkey has helped us all out about this topic in the past. Just took a little searching. Please check here:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=29791

...Welcome to CP by the way.

Thanks for helping out Mabpi. :thumbs:

Bill, you ol' bastid, where ya been? I miss you, man. I don't have anyone to argue with and things get kinda boring around here!

Bill, you ol' bastid, where ya been? I miss you, man. I don't have anyone to argue with and things get kinda boring around here!
:laugh: :laugh:

Hey shawk! I got a new job last September which has been keeping me way too busy... :( and I've cut back pretty far on my cigar smoking so I haven't made any big purchases in quite some time.

For instance, I always had a box of every vitola of Padron1926 maduros in my coolerdors but I've pretty much smoked all of them and only have about a half box of 35s left. Añejos are damn near impossible to get as well as Opus X and I haven't come across a box of Koobans in about a year and a half. I haven't done a pass in quite some time because I really don't have much of an inventory to "play" at the level I want to with passes so I've sat many passes out recently.

Whacha been up to lately yourself?

Hey CC! Clean out your inbox, or just delete everything.

Kan't fine eny seegars in Nover Scooter? :laugh:

Good to see you post.
Jim

Hey Jim! :thumbs:

I was talking to K7 on the phone last night and he was telling me you Charlotte guys get together quite regularly and smoke ceegars.

How's dixie doin' these days?

Dixie is married, just completed his Master's and still smoking cheap ass La Perla's, tres capas and Mayorga's. Other than that, he's doing great! :cool:

The Charlotte guys get together pretty regularly on Thursday's at the local pub. Unless of course ggiese is in town. Then it's strip clubs and midget hookers, you know how he gets. :laugh: :whistling: :whistling: :laugh:

Good to see you posting. Hope you're doing well.
Cheers-
Jim

Sorry, I didn't read the instructions first, but I have since posted an introduction. I have a bad habit of charging ahead without reading the whole procedure. I guess that how I ended up doing six vs. four years in the Navy.

Only from personal experience, the only embossed Monte bands I've seen so far are on the Petit Edmundos. They are a deeper red color than the original as well.

~Billy

My aug07 #4's aren't. Bitter and in need of a LONG rest!

I have some Aug 04s resting as we speak. Might have to "test" one. :whistling:

Anyone ever seen a maduro Monte #2? Band is same as the Edmundo and a 2nd LE Millenium band has no embossing. The gifter said it came in a special box at one of the cigar celebration dinners in Havana. Might just be a good storyteller. :0

No embossed for me either 06-07. Label from pre 05 seem a little darker.