• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo "Open"

I just bought a couple of Masters and smoked one.
Not worth the price tag, IMO. Bad burn & linear flavor.

Well.. I think age will help any Cuban cigar. In this case, however, the potential is quite limited (IMO).

I agree that potential can usually be tasted. I'm a little bummed by the lack luster reviews I've seen of these so far, but they all can't be winners. Thanks for the info!

Outside of CA/CI I have not seen any postive reviews on these sticks. While I have not sampled them myself, from what I have read, I don't think I will. Money is hard enought to come by. It seems the consensus is that these cigars are turds...check out the reviews on Youtube.

I've only smoked the Juniors, but they are definitely nothing special. I was disappointed and I had even read the bad reviews and was still disappointed even with lower expectations.

I saw these today, funny color scheme. I like the Regata size, wish it was a bit longer. Maybe I can add a pigtail and a shagfoot to it. John

Just received a box of the Eagle size and immediately smoked one. Reminded me of an Edmundo Lite. My cohort at the office smoked one and was also underwhelmed by the cigar. The burn was excellent but there was a definite lack of distinquishing flavors.

I don't think I've run into a single person who said this cigar has been a great move :(

I was just in Vancouver and tried the Eagle. I was not that impressed. It seem very mild to me. I will note that this was my first CC Monte, so take it for what it is worth.

Has anyone smoked one of these yet?...in any size.

I smoked the Montecristo Open Junior last weekend. It was really a bit gentle, and nothing I would smoke again. Personally to me, this cigar was a little simple, but If someone prefers a constant earthy taste, this is the cigar to go. ;)

I have to commend all of you who have tried any of the cigars in the Monte Open line. From all the negative reviews I have read and heard, I just can't bring myself to try them. However, from the sound of things...it does not look like I am missing much...Thank you all for you sacrifice.

I was gifted an Open 'Master' last month.

The wrapper and draw are very nice, as is the size.

Actually not a bad smoke...if you like a mild cigar.

I don't know the price point...but I hope they would be at least 1/3 less than a regular monte line.

Hi all. I am a newbie in the forum but got a couple of decades of cigar smoking in my lungs :rolleyes:
I have burned 2 boxes of the Eagle. This is a great cigar by all standards.
Prelight aromas are sweet and mellowish, burn and draw are flawless. The cigar is an overdose of chocolate and leather.
I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

I've recent come back to this line after staying away form about 4 months. I wanted to see if the 2nd & 3rd production of these still measured up to my earlier praise.
Last night I smoked a Monte Regatta April '10, probably from the 2nd batch shipped out of Havana. This cigar has the same fragrant draw they had, when tasted in February. The burn continues to be top-notch and the quieter flavors excel. This is a rare figurado that I wanted to smoke slowly, resisting the temptation to look for hidden flavors, in too deep a draw. This cigar wont deliver to an exhortation, it does need a gentle touch. But if you can tease out the quiet Monte flavors with long slow, savory draws, this is a delicious cigar.
I do like the Regatta best, but the Master has the same offerings in a flat-out fine robusto.

I hope you dont pass up on these great Habanos, just because they have an ugly 2nd anillo.

Cheers
Drew P