• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moreno Cigar

Pugman1943

As you recall, Moreno, as new BOTL joined us a short time ago. He also started by hosting a contest where 125 entries would be chosen by filling out a simple form on FB. Several of us here won that contest, I being one of them.

I am sadly missing in many of the areas you brothers excel at, so this is basic impressions as best as I can do.

The package arrived via FedEx, their small box. Inside time was taken to double wrap the box in a padded plastic wrap ( I'm thinking to help with humidity ). Inside that was the hand wrapped, in plastic, the box of cigars. The box contained ten smokes, two of each size.

The box itself was unfinished cedar and his seal, no import tax seal. I am guessing here, but rolled in the USA? All cigars were in cello. I was not about to wait, so I selected the Robusto and took it out for a spin.

Not that it changes a thing, but the label was plain, nothing fancy at all, with the exception that it called this cigar number 2, actually II on one side, and a date (my impression the roll or packing date), this being 3/4/12.

Filler / binder - unknown.

Wrapper - natural, but oily, heavy sheen, really got my attention.

Cut - excellent, crisp, with typical resistance, but clean. The cap was cleanly placed, and I don't know if it was a triple cap.

Pre-lite - the draw was excellent, very slight resistance, kind of what I would want from a good smoke. My taste buds don't do flavors, so I will leave that to you that do,

Lighting - toasted the foot, took a few puffs and we we off to the races.

The following is in no certain order, just notes I made along the way.

The burn was flawless and even. Nary a touch up needed. The ash was almost pure white except where you see the draw circles. Did not see hardly any evidence of stalk pieces at either end. I smoke to enjoy, not to see how long I can make an ash, but this first ash held for the first inch and broke cleanly.

Again, the wrapper appeared excellent, with only one vein but woven properly into the overall shape.

Impression, great. While it doesn't hit you in the head with pepper or spices (remember my taste buds aren't worth a toot), it had an enjoyable taste that I would come back for.

I might be tempted to say it was in the middle of a Padron natural / Maduro . Whatever it is, I would definitely buy it again. I am going to give the other about a two week rest and see what becomes of them.

Sounds good, Ed. Looking forward to trying mine after a little bit of a rest!

Well done ED, I have the same problem with flavors but smoke em for the relaxation, let the others rest and revisit in a couple of months and post another review for us bro :thumbs:

Just nubbed a No. 2 and your review is right on. I tasted roasted nuts and cream, with no real pepper to speak of.

Every cigar in the sampler is either a #1 or #2. I'm pretty sure it just refers to natural and maduro wrappers.

Every cigar in the sampler is either a #1 or #2. I'm pretty sure it just refers to natural and maduro wrappers.

Yes but when in doubt I always take a number 2 :whistling:

For those people who don't read facebook, Moreno Posted this

IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!! Hello Guys, i hope everybody is receiving their boxes, my recommendation is to get them out of the cellofane and drybox them a few days as i gave them some extra humidity before shipping, this will make a Big difference, enjoy the cigars and if you feel like, share your thoughts here on FB and feel free to vote for price suggestions in the POLL here on FB as i will price the cigars based on the results of the POLL

Enjoying a robusto right now. Pretty solid all around smoke. Smooth and creamy as best as I can describe it (immature palette). I wish I would have seen the dry boxing coment though, I was very surprised at how moist the stick is, draw is a little tight because of it. Still burning pretty good though, only needed one touch up, nice tight white ash. Definitely something that I would purchase if the price is right. Thank you again Moreno for the generous gift, that is a great way to start a loyal following. Best of luck to you!

J

Enjoying a robusto right now. Pretty solid all around smoke. Smooth and creamy as best as I can describe it (immature palette). I wish I would have seen the dry boxing coment though, I was very surprised at how moist the stick is, draw is a little tight because of it. Still burning pretty good though, only needed one touch up, nice tight white ash. Definitely something that I would purchase if the price is right. Thank you again Moreno for the generous gift, that is a great way to start a loyal following. Best of luck to you!

J
Nice review. I can't wait for Moreno to get his site up so I can get a box of Robustos.

I have heard nothing but good about these sticks.

Nice review. This was certainly an interesting way of getting your brand out there.

I took the II #56 out on the golf course on Sunday. It was an excellent smoke and for the price her is going to charge, might be a goto regular for me. It is tough to find a cigar that is good and durable for golfing. So very well done Moreno.

Nice review by the way. Good job.

Ok had to smoke one.. Very nice smoke. Lots of nice flavor that I enjoyed but can't name since I am not good at that. Good amount of smoke, nice even burn, tight ash.. Man I love a tight ash... I am very impressed and these will become a staple in my humidor. Oh and I smoked a # I I rolled 3-19. A very nice touch I might add.

Yeah, and he is going to be selling them for $4~5. Major must have for my collection. Just got to figure out which ones I want.

I would like to Thank everybody for the positive input, cheers Moreno

Had the number II today, rich, plenty of smoke easy draw good flavor. Hard to say what it is but really enjoyable. I'll sit down put more adjectives to it one of these days.

I smoked the smaller expression and thought it was much more enjoyable. Borderline great.

Size: 4.55 x 52
Wrapper 1: Ecuador (2009 crop) Connecticut broadleaf
Wrapper 2: Habana 2000 (2010 crop)
Binder:
Filler:
Smoking Time: 1 1/2 hours
Beverage: Sobe Green Tea
Source: Free Sample
Price: MSRP $5

Though I tried taking Moreno's suggestion and letting them rest, I couldn't resist. I smoked the robusto with the Ecuador Connecticut broadleaf wrapper the day they arrived. I have to say I really enjoy the taste of these cigars. Excellent choice for a, cool burning, mild-medium strength cigar with good cocoa taste and great aroma – smoked both to the (nub) .

Will buy a box as soon as they are on sale !!!

Thank you so very much Mr. Moreno

I will be buying more than one box, these will rest very nicely in the coffins.

Hello my friends, i lost the password so i couldn´t get on the forum but i am back, i am sure you all heard that my website is online since 5 weeks, if you didn´t hear this please have a look http://mycubanwheel.com and if you for some reason didn´t win a free sampler box

please feel free to email me i am more than happy to provide you with coupon code which gives a nice introduction discount on the sampler, please mention cigarpass, my email is info@mycubanwheel.com

saludos Moreno