• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Morning Cigar

FatherTiresius

Watcher of the Skies
You know, I keep hearing how this cigar or that cigar is great with your morning coffee. Now I've never really been one to hop out of bed and light up. In fact I rarely hop out of bed at all...crawl would be a more accurate description. But this being a holiday and all I figured I'd give it a try. I'll try anything once (twice if I like it).

So I brewed up a pot and dug out a '97 Monte No. 4. I'm enjoying it as I type this. Long story short...I'm converted. In more ways than one. A creamy cigar and a strong pot of coffee is just a wonderfully decadent way of starting the day. For once, I'm enjoying the early part of the day before it gets hot as the hinges of hell again. And the SLR PC has always been my go to little cigar but I'm in love with the Monte. Must have more...

My favorite morning would be Sunday..Cover to Cover on the paper, pot-o-java, and a DC or Churchill to pass the time away.

Horse, your a man of my own heart. My normal Sunday morning is dropping my Fiance off at Church and me going down to the historical town square with a large coffee, the Sunday paper and a Fuente. :D Hey Greg, it's nice to see you've joined the club. :thumbs:

Welcome to the other dark side FT :0 :sneaky: :D

I don't do mornign cigars often - usually on a long weekend and having time at home where I can wake up at my own speed and no rush to go off and do something. Will be having a morning cigar tomorrow morning if my plans go right - a Por Larranaga cab that has been sitting in my humi for awhile. :D

Sam

....about 7:30, 8:00 o'clock on a clear, calm morning.

Sitting in a lounge chair outside with the temperature around 70 degrees.

A cool, crispness still lingers in the air.

The Sun just coming up and feeling warm and comfortable on your back and shoulders.

Sippin' on a tall mug of great, steaming coffee (with a splash of Makers Mark bourbon for just a little umph.)

Smokin' a richly flavored cigar that will stand up to and act as a compliment to the coffee.

Reading a good book.

Every now and then sippin' some ice cold water.

Life just doesn't get much better! :)

That's what I call a great start to the day.

Sam

Sam The Man said:
....about 7:30, 8:00 o'clock on a clear, calm morning.

Sitting in a lounge chair outside with the temperature around 70 degrees.

A cool, crispness still lingers in the air.

The Sun just coming up and feeling warm and comfortable on your back and shoulders.

Sippin' on a tall mug of great, steaming coffee (with a splash of Makers Mark bourbon for just a little umph.)

Smokin' a richly flavored cigar that will stand up to and act as a compliment to the coffee.

Reading a good book.

Every now and then sippin' some ice cold water.

Life just doesn't get much better! :)

That's what I call a great start to the day.

Sam
Sam you said it all, bro! :thumbs:

I try to start every day off with my diet coke and a lovely VSG Torpedo...and the news paper. Not a better way to start the day!!!

I've been smoking ERDM Lunch clubs in the morning. Excellent morning smoke with a cup of coffee.

Maybe they should be called Breakfast clubs. :p

What a great way to start the day :D Freshly brewed coffee the morning paper and a good smoke ;) It is the one time of the day that I get to myself even if it is 6 am :D

BenjieV :D

I'm looking forward to my first morning cigar at the new place. In Bama here it is hot as hell and mugy in the summer time. About the only comfortable time of day is first thing in the morning and so I am looing forward to that first morning I sit out on the porch and have a smoke and a cup of java.

The question will be - what smoke will I choose? :D

Sam

benjiev said:
What a great way to start the day :D Freshly brewed coffee the morning paper and a good smoke ;) It is the one time of the day that I get to myself even if it is 6 am :D

BenjieV :D
Being a military man, I do enjoy my mornings alone. The only time I have to myself. When I am on the ship, I get a wake up call put in 1 hour before revellie sometimes. Gives me the head to myself to SSS and then make a pot of good coffee. After that, I go smoke a short one, and still be the first one in line for breakfast. Underway is the best though, watching the sun rise over the open ocean. Sometimes being a sailor has the most rewarding experiences. Caio...
Emo

Breakfast of champions.......cup of strong Yuban and a Camacho Diploma.... :D

A Monte A was my first isom, I was hooked on them after that!!

These #4's are very good. I think you'll find the band interesting as well! :D

I might have to have one of those when I get home tonight.... ;)

I would love to be able to start the day that way. i am usually to late to wake up though. i can not seem to push myself to get up in the morning though. lazy i guess. i think i am going to try and get up early tomorrow and see if i can get in a acid or maybe one of my Fuente Fuente OpusX's.......who knows though, they seem to keep going dead on me. i mean really quick too. something seems wrong with them but they are still pretty decent though. :sign:

Six months ago I made the switch to dayshift. A long way from the seventeen years I spent on second shift. Waking at 0500 and having a 45 minute commute has caused me to see the light as well. I still love those little Punch rare corojos and find that they make a nice morning drive in smoke.

This morning I awoke unusually early. I had about two hours to kill. Last night I bought an Opus X Perfection No. 5 and decided that 8 hours was long enough to hang around in my humidor so I decided to try it this morning. I brewed a strong pot of the local grocery store house brand of columbian coffee. This is the greatest coffee I have had. It beats the Montecristo coffee's hands down. Anyway, I left the house and carefully cut and lit the Opus. I was somewhat dissapointed in the way it burned. I had to adjust it several times and it went out once. It burned very uneven. I figure it was a relatively new rolled stick.

The taste! I don't think I have ever had a stick as complex as this one. I know it was really early for me but it seemed that every puff had a different taste from the last. I absolutely loved it. The aroma was intoxicating. The smoke was thick and full of flavor. It was a full bodied stick but not at all strong or harsh. Just unadulterated flavor - exponentially.

I loved it. I wish I could find a word to explain my liking. Thesaurus anyone?

I would love the opportunity to smoke an older one. That would have to be heaven.

An uneven burn is a charteristic that many Opus X smokers find. However, there is a way to defeat that! Most of the burn problems can be related to it coming directly from the humi. For whatever reason, Opus X hates high humidity. A saying goes: "a wet Opus is not a happy Opus".

I have found, since I like to keep my humi at or around 70%, that removing the Opus X, and placing it down outside of the humi somewhere (usually I just put it on top of it, or if my ashtray is clean in it) for 30-60 minutes prior to smoking it. I have found this minimizes the burning problem that sometimes comes up. Not only that it really heightens your expectations LOL.

Sam