• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Most Anticipated New Release - IPCPR 2013

Gavin

It's that time of year again. What new releases are you really looking forward to? For me it's probably the Illusione Singulare Rose Croix, the Casa Fernandez 35th, and the Quesada Oktoberfest Krone line extension.

The only new release I'm looking forward to is the Monte Petit no. 2, but that's not a IPCPR release ;)

Don't really know most of what is coming out, but that box pressed LFD Chisel looks very interesting.

For me it's the Nica Rustica from Drew Estate, and I can't forget Jason, the latest of the Monster Series coming from Pete.  I have to say, while I'm not on top of everything that was announced at IPCPR this year, it does seem like there are going to be a lot fewer new releases and line expansions than there were in 2012.  Maybe that's just me though.  If it is a reduction though, my personal feeling is that it's a good thing.  Too much gimmicky crap being released the last couple of years.

I'm excited for the La Palina line extensions.  I want to see what Roma Craft Tobac does as well.  I love the Emilio Musas so I'd like to see what they come up with.

For me it's the Nica Rustica from Drew Estate, and I can't forget Jason, the latest of the Monster Series coming from Pete.  I have to say, while I'm not on top of everything that was announced at IPCPR this year, it does seem like there are going to be a lot fewer new releases and line expansions than there were in 2012.  Maybe that's just me though.  If it is a reduction though, my personal feeling is that it's a good thing.  Too much gimmicky crap being released the last couple of years.
It won't be called Jason. They have yet to name it. Looks great though. I would say the releases have subsided a bit. They are more into the one time release of a special tobacco. Sends like every company had something similar.

I'm excited for the La Palina line extensions.  I want to see what Roma Craft Tobac does as well.  I love the Emilio Musas so I'd like to see what they come up with.
As you should be. I have had several of the classics and they are very good.

Gavin said:
It's that time of year again. What new releases are you really looking forward to? For me it's probably the Illusione Singulare Rose Croix, the Casa Fernandez 35th, and the Quesada Oktoberfest Krone line extension.

x2 for the latest Singulare... I'm also thinking the A-sized Epernay Le Voyage may be something special as well.

Edited name of the cigar for spelling.

I'm looking forward to the Perdomo Champagne Sun Grown myself. It was kind of released before the show, but I don't think they were shipping any till after it's debut in Vegas.  

Another will be AB's Mundial. From what I saw, and heard, it's a great cigar.

I didn't hear as much chatter this year regarding new releases as in previous years either. The only one that caught my eye was the Illusione Singulare Rose Croix (Nov. release) as well. Didn't see any "Pete Hype' this year at all...not much from the Fuentes or Padrons either in regard to affordable smokes. I guess business must be hurting...or is there a shortage of quality tobacco to sustain a new line versus all the 'Limited Edition', 'Small Batch', 'One Off' cigars that require only small amounts of tobacco.

On another note, I heard from a few friends that the show was poorly attended this year (especially for Vegas) and most deals that are usually reserved as 'Show Specials' were offered prior to the show to the retailers. There weren't as many East Coast owners there as in previous years I heard too.

I've seen this in various businesses since the down turned economy, National shows are going the way of the Dodo bird...there is more strength in attendance in Regional Shows these days...the travel and lodging expenses are too much to justify the trip when it's too far away.

konatown said:
I'll second the La Palina releases
I'll 3rd that and 2nd the Nica Rustica.  Also, I hate to say it, but I am also looking forward to the Jason Monster release.  But I have heard some great things about the Nica Rustica.

Liked the Nica Rustica quite a bit and I'm not a super DE fanboy either. 

942738_640282879315159_440424646_n.jpg

Gary,

I heard the same thing from one of my friends, who is a rep for Perdomo. Attendance was down, but they were busier then ever.
Most of the "big boys" did line extensions, but didn't have many new release cigars. 
There where something along the lines of 35 new boutique  company's there however, with a bunch of new cigars. As my friend said, "we'll see what floats, and what don't".

Also, speaking with one of my local shops, they told me, why go when they had the specials two weeks before the show started. They were saving the money they would spend on the trip to buy more product.  

It's not a cigar being released but Xikar has a new leather wrapped version of their Ash can. The older version had a screw down lid , then they went to friction based lids.

One of the big problems with attendance was someone's idea to run Sunday-Wednesday, with the opening Gala on Saturday night.  This was basically forcing people to pay weekend rate in Vegas. (which BTW are not cheap).  As well as higher airfares.