• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Most Like One

Martin2D

Clueless About Life
In my search of cigar knowledge, I come here to pose a question:

Since I started smoking, I've had the hankering to try a Habanos, but the problem I've run into is that most don't sell singles, or charge $20 for shipping. So before I put down a lot of money for me for something I may hate, I was wondering if there was a NC that tastes somewhat or similar to an ISOM. I know they're completely different beasts, but like I said I don't want to be out over $100.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

(If this infringes on "Do not discuss the sources," please PM me immediately so I can remove)

Personally, I think the La Aurora 100 Anos is a good bet. I recommend the Churchill, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

I am in total agreement. Tatuaje is the closest I have tasted to a GOOD ISOM (yes, I have had a few that I didn't care for). But I am sure that you have heard many times that taste is all subjective.

I can tell you that it is much easier to let my good ISOMs sit and age now that I have become addicted to the Tat.

Think cojonu..... think cojonu.... think cojonu....

On a side note...

I know some places sell samplers, or you might even be inclined to give a vendor a call and see if they can put together some singles for you. Just throwing out an idea or two.

I assume Cojonu is the Tat version? Does everyone agree? The hot cigar deals forum has a deal on fivers...are any of those good (particularly small sizes...I think Victorias)?

Actually, cojonu is a type of tat? Did I word that right? As far as I know, there are three kinds, Gran Cojonu, Cojonu 2003, and Cojonu 2006, with supposedly more Cojonus coming out every three years. I find them mighty tasty.

Actually, cojonu is a type of tat? Did I word that right? As far as I know, there are three kinds, Gran Cojonu, Cojonu 2003, and Cojonu 2006, with supposedly more Cojonus coming out every three years. I find them mighty tasty.

I ask because my brother has these cigars called Cusano Corojo, but I thought it was cojonu...my mistake.

Tatuaje is the way to go imo. The Havana IV is really excellent, I especially like the Victorias!

Mark @ Tower cigars is a great place to get 'em.

Linky

I'd also recommend the Don Pepin and Padilla line. These are fantastic smokes from a master roller (Castro's old roller who left). Best of all, they don't require any aging and are ready to go!

I'd also recommend the Don Pepin and Padilla line. These are fantastic smokes from a master roller (Castro's old roller who left). Best of all, they don't require any aging and are ready to go!

I'd have to agree with the Don Pepin Garcia smokes being very similar in taste to some Habanos.

I notice you are in NJ.

There is a shop in NYC called De La Concha, They have a house brand that is a Don Pepin Garcia and those taste quite nice. Very similar to some habanos I have smoked.

Martin2D,
If you feel like taking a ride up the GSP, check out The Tobacco Shop in Ridgewood or Enrico's Cigar Hideaway in Wyckoff. They carry Tatuajes. Give 'em a call first to see what they have.

I assume Cojonu is the Tat version? Does everyone agree? The hot cigar deals forum has a deal on fivers...are any of those good (particularly small sizes...I think Victorias)?

Can't go wrong with the Tats, I also really like the DPG Serie JJ, I just had a salomon and it was awesome!

:) :)

Some great recommendations here but there is a flavor component that exists in Habanos that I have not found in any other cigar.

:cool:

Some great recommendations here but there is a flavor component that exists in Habanos that I have not found in any other cigar.

:cool:
Although I agree with everyone above in that the Tat's are awesome smokes, I think NCCL hit it right on the head. Kind of like "only Fuente is Fuente", same for "only Habanos are Habanos."

Padilla Miami 8 & 11 would be my suggestion. A little pricey, but it has that straight ahead tobacco flavor that I like best about Cubans.