• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Most over rated ISOM?

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
now that the under rated's are getting posted, what are the over-rated smokes.
too much hyped, not worth the pruce, etc...
???

I had a couple Punch Punch from 01 that I thought were crappy. And I have never been a big fan of Cohiba. I suppose if the price was lower they might taste better to me, but not enough to warrant buying them.

Emo

Any and all of the Edicion Limitadas.... over-hyped for such a young cigar and the prices of the newest releases are nuts.

Cohiba. Overpriced and inconsistant.

I agree with Matt on ELs. I've smoked some that was alright but I'll have to wait for them to get some age on them before a final decision. The prices for the latest ELs are outrageous! :angry:

I would agree with the Cohiba statement.

Traded one of the 3 RyJ's that I just bought for an Esplendido. :p

I enjoyed it for the first 1/3. A great start, smooth, yummy, a little mild. :)

But then the burn got inconsistant and I had to relight it 3 times!
Still smoked on though and later found a hard knot/plug 1/4 of the way to the end. :angry:
It was then that I put it down.

I know that that one was prob. just not rolled too well, but I do not know if I would actually pay for one now.

I did enjoy a Cohiba Robusto that I got from a trade with Emodex though. :thumbs:

Cohibas become an addiction if you smoke too many of them though. LMAO!! Trust me, I've maybe had a 6 or 7 other brands in the last 5-6 months. Otherwise I've been smoking only Cohibas. The source is very important when buying Cohibas. I don't consider them over-rated in the least. Now, over-priced...maybe, but that all depends on where you're buying them from. If I could choose only one cigar to ever smoke again it would be a Cohiba robusto or Siglo III. Would probably opt for the robusto though.

I agree...All the Edition Limitada's, especially the newest release.

I would have to agree with all of the above. "EL's" I have tried almost everyone and they just don't do anything for me. Cohibas, when they are not falling apart or are the smaller gauges they are OK. Punch/punch, The 99, 98, 97 are fantastic smokes! The few 01 & 02 I have had have had some draw problems :angry:

Monte #2's
Punch Punch
BBF's
EL's(like Matt said..."young")

:) JMO

TheBeast said:
Monte #2's
Punch Punch
BBF's
EL's(like Matt said..."young")

:) JMO
Wow... Surprised to see Monte #2's and BBF's up there. I haven't had any of either younger than 2000 or so.

Emo

Trinidad Fundadores. I guess they were too young when i smoked 'em back in 1998. The finish was a bit strong. I have a couple in my humi that are about 4 y/o now. Maybe i should give them another chance. ???

Dean said:
Trinidad Fundadores. I guess they were too young when i smoked 'em back in 1998. The finish was a bit strong. I have a couple in my humi that are about 4 y/o now. Maybe i should give them another chance. ???
The are still not any good. Send all you have to me for proper disposal. :D :p

i doubt you have the proper haz-mat uniform for that task, steve.
therfore, send them all to me. i've been told these spontaniously
combust after about........4 yrs i believe it was.
addy in profile. :p

ohhh! btw, welcome to CP there, dean.
take your shoes off and sit a spell! :thumbs:

By far it has to be the Monte #2. You can also add the Punch Punch to the list.

???

I think the Cohiba Esplendido, a good smoke- but $25+? I don't think so.
Way too over rated in my opinion.

Esplendido's are easily found @ $16.00 per stick but they are probably the world's most popular cigar to fake so you've got to be sure of your source.