• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Most under rated ISOM?

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
Fellas, is there an ISOM who is not in the limelight enough? or at all?
Any stick/brand that other should know about?
(besides of course Cohiba, RyJ, Bolivar, etc.)
???

:thumbs:

Fonseca, Licenciados, Quai D'Orsay (from an ISOM enthusiast).

Myself, I'm an absolute neophyte and, at ISOM prices, am likely to stay that way. ???

I think Sanchos are underappreciated, particularly the Non Plus. Also VR....it is a small but very good line from one end to the other.

FatherTiresius said:
I think Sanchos are underappreciated, particularly the Non Plus. Also VR....it is a small but very good line from one end to the other.
A lot of folks tend to put down Sancho Panza as a very mild habano but I agree with FT. The entire line is very good especially the Belicoso, Non-Plus and Sanchos. :thumbs:

The Diplo #2's that a CP buddy put in my passes were very tastey. I think they were '98's. They don't get a lot of press because people go after the Monte #2's and the Boli BBF's first.

Emo

Quai de Orsay panatelas and the whole Le hoyo line of Hoyo de Monterrey.

Quai de Orsay's
Le Hoyo De Hoyo Line
Vegas Robiana's

:) JMO

Shadow said:
FatherTiresius said:
A lot of folks tend to put down Sancho Panza as a very mild habano but I agree with FT. The entire line is very good especially the Belicoso, Non-Plus and Sanchos. :thumbs:
I fully agree with the above statements! The Belicoso & Non-Plus are outstanding cigars especially with some age on them. I would also second the opinion of Emo on the Diplomaticos #2 I would put them up against there sister cigar {montie #2} any day!

Someone please explain plus versus non-plus to a wanna-be. :)

SD...Sancho Panza "Non Plus" is just the name of the cigar. It's a small corona sized SP. There is no plus vs non plus. :p :)

I am not an ISOM connoseur - yet. I have not had all that many, though lately it does seem like I am smoking as many ISOM's as I am domestics - thanks to a few right here on Cigar Pass!

However, over the last year I would have to echo what FT and Joe M. have said about the Sancho Panza and what Joe Invest said about the Vegas Romaina lines. I have only had one or 2 from each, but were excellent smokes and ones I definately would like more of.

I would place them in the underated category only because you don't see a lot of talk about either of these lines at all and if you do it is in passing. Yet I would be hard pressed if offered a choice between these and many other ISOM's and my all-time favorite number one cigar was an Alejandro Vegas custom rolled 1-3 yr. old blend with some extra litergo (spelling) in it. Now that cigar I can't think of anything that I have smoked that I would choose over that particular brand/line ;-)

Sam

Vegas Robaina. I read somewhere that 30% of the tobacco leaves in ISOM's come from the farms of Vegas Robaina. This a truly underated cigar. Very flavorful, not overpowering. I've tried the Unico. Delicious!

i was told by my brother the sancho non plus was
awesome. can't says i've had one myself.... :lookup:

<wondering if his mooch attempt was subtle enough>
:lookup: :lookup: :lookup: :lookup: :lookup: :lookup: :lookup:

Vegas Robaina. I read somewhere that 30% of the tobacco leaves in ISOM's come from the farms of Vegas Robaina. This a truly underated cigar. Very flavorful, not overpowering. I've tried the Unico. Delicious!

Great to hear. I got one of these in a blinder a few weeks ago :D

LuckyDawg said:
i was told by my brother the sancho non plus was
awesome. can't says i've had one myself.... :lookup:

<wondering if his mooch attempt was subtle enough>
:lookup: :lookup: :lookup: :lookup: :lookup: :lookup: :lookup:
If I had another right now, I'd give it to you. I think PB's non-plus might have come from me. I vaguely remember dropping one in his pass.

How's PB doing anyway? Tell him I said hi and that we all miss him.

he's fine. i'm giong over to his place this evening. he quit
smoking except when he's around me and i talk him into
it. soooo... i guess i'll be taking a nice, aged hdm excaliber
epicure #2 and a 64 pam with me and we'll see what we
can do about that! :D

i'll tell him you said hi.

todd

Unfortunately the dang rain put the cabosh on the HdM :( But there is always another day. :D

How the heck are ya FT? :D

So you remembered your password? I'm doing great PB, hope you are too. Things aren't the same around here without you. But we did get a replacement post padder that put a serious hurt on your post total. :p