• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Most Underappreciated Gadgets

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Saw this in another forum....thought it was a neat thread. Not just cigar tools; what gadgets do you use that make life easier...??

For me, several come to mind;

My StreamLIght PolyTac LED flashlight. There may be brighter or tricker flashlights out there, but every time I grab it and turn it on, I think how nice it is to have such a bright, small, reliable flashlight.

My Victrionix Swiss Army Cigar Knife. Three sizes of cigar punch, sharp as a razor. After using this for a bit over a year, I strongly prefer to punch my cigars rather than cut them. So nice....

My Leatherman PST. Leatherman's original. No longer in production....I just love this thing. When I head out, it goes with me and has saved the day more than once.

Along the same lines as you.

Leatherman Micra. The small pocket sizes with the scissors instead of pliers. I probably use them 10+ times everyday.

Stanley Tripod LED flashlight. It seems gimicky, but it's nice to be able too work on things and be able to use both hands without having to hold the light. I have a couple of these in each size.

Hmmm... my LED flashlight and my Kershaw. I don't leave home without them and both have come in handy many times.

http://www.gerber-tools.com/Gerber-Multi-Plier-400-compact-sport-05500.htm

My mom had an accident driving her brand new car while we were visiting in Florida and the police said the car wasn't damaged enough that she could drive it away... only problem was the plastic crap that is considered a bumper now days was pressed up into the wheel well...

Well after about 20 mins work with my trusty gerber it no longer was in the way and we could drive to the nearest home depot for me to finish the job with a roll of duct-tape.

It held all the way abck to PA, and the dealer said that I did such I good job that she could have left it that way until she bought a new car.

and my

Proton LED Flashlight.

I always have them with me when I leave the house.

I would say my Benchmade 890BK
890_full.jpg

Along with my 550 lumen LumaPower Mini
lumapower_mini_vx_ultra003.jpg

I use both daily, you know opening packages and looking in dark places.

i still have my Leatherman Super Tool. I used it to cut down small trees to camouflage our Hummer in the Army. I still use it.

BrewzKey bottle opener

I believe a Man should only have 4 keys on his key ring.
Car key
House Key
Work Key
and key of choice - this is mine

Tim

Dammit Josh, you just cost me $7.99!

Not "gadgets" per se, but I honestly don't know how I lived life before my sunglasses (http://www.flys.com) and collection of beanies (toques, knit caps, etc for the rest of you alls).

mp3 player: without it, I would have a very hard time hitting the gym. You also make the drive home much easier.

My cell phone: I'm not high maintenence with cell phones, but the fact that I can check/send emails, text, get directions, web surf is awesome.

USB flash drive: Giving me 16 gigs of music at my work computer. God bless you, kind sir.

P-38. Simple, effective, insignificant scrap of steel. Does one thing and does it well. Takes up nearly no space. Think how big and complicated the one in your kitchen is. Does it work any better?

Doc.

I always have two flash drives in my packet with my keys and cell phone. I never know when I need data from work or need to get something from someone.

My Vinturi Wine Aerator. Sometimes I just dont have all day to let a wine breathe and this thing works surprisingly well.

According to my 4 year old son, and in no particular order (and all toys):

1) His New Holland dual axle tractor...in his eyes there is no more meaningful piece of equipment.
2) His Mystery Machine - including Shaggy, Scooby, Velma and the blonde haired guy. Not sure of the intrinsic value here...but this is his list.
3) His Garbage Truck - here I can agree. Today's youth are bombarded with the need to recycle...and my wife and I are great beneficiaries. This has nothing to do with the excess beer bottles with my recent infatuation with craft beers.

SOG Blink knife
Gerber multi-tool
Leatherman Micra multi -tool
4-cell mag-lite

By the way Bsneed, you're welcome for the help your wife got in picking the Micra!

P-38. Simple, effective, insignificant scrap of steel. Does one thing and does it well. Takes up nearly no space. Think how big and complicated the one in your kitchen is. Does it work any better?

Doc.

We only have a P-38 as a can opener at my house. :thumbs:

Two things I learned about the P-38 while I served...

Putting one on a key-chain can cause serious injuries to the nether-region if the blade slips the bonds of the small flap of 100 mph tape used to hold it closed.

Hanging one on the dog-tag chain could result in a sucking chest wound ;) when diving for cover for the same reason.

BTW Doc, the German Army's version of the P-38 has a beer bottle opener on it... lol it figures right?