• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mr. Beer

Jeff1101

G21
Yes I did it to myself told the wife I was thinking of home brewing beer and surprise guess what I got for Christmas. I was wanting to get something bigger but I will give it a shot. Anyone else tried this kit before? What were your results?

A friend had one once. The results were "meh". The fact of the matter is to brew a good beer you need big sterile equipment including pots, hoses, thermometers, etc. I don't have the patience (or $$$) for that stuff. But give it a whirl! If you enjoy it, it might be your entrance into the world of brewing your own. I'd hazzard a guess that the vast majority of craft breweries started in some similar manner.

This place has al the info you'll ever need for a Mr. Beer system. There are tons of recipies and info about how to get the most of out it.

http://www.mrbeerfans.com/ubbthreads/

I have never tried it myself. I have been brewing for about 2 years now. From what I hear, the fermenter that comes with the kit can be especially useful when preparing smaller batches if/when you move on to extract with hop additions and all-grain brewing. Give it a try though. Mr. Beer has turned a lot of people on to homebrewing. If you aren't satisfied with your final product... find a local homebrew shop and go talk to the owner/workers. They're almost always willing to help.

I have never tried it myself. I have been brewing for about 2 years now. From what I hear, the fermenter that comes with the kit can be especially useful when preparing smaller batches if/when you move on to extract with hop additions and all-grain brewing. Give it a try though. Mr. Beer has turned a lot of people on to homebrewing. If you aren't satisfied with your final product... find a local homebrew shop and go talk to the owner/workers. They're almost always willing to help.

^ THIS. ^ I started out with Mr. Beer and now I'm doing full batches and headed for all-grain territory. I've gotten several people turned on to homebrewing by showing them Mr. Beer, and it is inevitable that they end up wanting to do "the real thing" a month or two later. I think it's a great stepping stone and an awesome way to be introduced to homebrewing. Good on ya!

I'd love to have a couple of the fermenters to do small batch stuff in. Have struck out thus far on craigslist though. There is a good thread on homebrewtalk.com on how to get the most out of one Jeff.

Got the pale ale that comes with the kit in the fermenter now should be ready for bottling on the 12th (2 weeks in the fermenter), I kicked it up by adding a cup of brown sugar and a little pumpkin spice. I have done a lot of research on the net and I am now in the process of looking for some real supplies. Have any of you guys checked out this guy on the tube?