• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Multiple Sign-In Requests

T2P

Green Horn
Not sure if anyone else has been faced with this but whenever I hit the sign-in link at the top of the page or if I am told that the site is unable to find the forum I am looking for (ie BST) and that I need to log in it jumps back to the home page again. Basically I need to click through the sign in link twice to actually get to the user name and password area. This has been going on for a couple weeks but I had not reported it until now.

I don't get the 'unable to find page' message. I just get the home page twice. Figured it was a glitch with IE. It's just an extra click on the sign in link for me.

I get it here at work (IE), and at home (FF).

I don't get the 'unable to find page' message. I just get the home page twice. Figured it was a glitch with IE. It's just an extra click on the sign in link for me.

This is actually what I get too. My original post was not very clear.

Situation 1

I go to the Cigar Pass site and then Forums. I click Sign In at the top of the page. Instead of being directed to the Username/Password prompt I am instead redirected to the main forum page again. If I click Sign In again, I am then taken to the Username/Password prompt.

Situation 2

I open an email that links to a watched topic in the BST forum. That is when I get the Unable to locate forum message (rightfully so because you need to log in to see it) with a Sign In prompt just below the message. Clicking the Sign In prompt brings me back to the forum home page instead of the Username/Password prompt. Clicking the upper right Sign In brings me to the Username/Password prompt.

These happen in both IE and FF

I'm unable to replicate this problem. Are you guys using the blue skin or the CP skin?

Actually, when I open IE and come to the site, it starts with CP default skin (brown), however once I sign in it goes to the IP Board skin.

I need to hit the sign in button twice as well to get to the login. I am using the blue skin!

Thanks Rod!

PJ

Did you guys happen to use the instant messaging feature when it was enabled? If so, try clearing your cache and try again.

Did you guys happen to use the instant messaging feature when it was enabled? If so, try clearing your cache and try again.

It's been happening before that for me Rod. I don't really care, if you can't troubleshoot it, who cares. I'm just happy the site works all the time! :thumbs:

A major update comes out tomorrow, so I will install it sometime this week. Perhaps that will cure the issue. :)

It's been happening before that for me Rod. I don't really care, if you can't troubleshoot it, who cares. I'm just happy the site works all the time! :thumbs:

So, did you wash off the Moustache of Awesomeness, or did you shave it?

It's been happening before that for me Rod. I don't really care, if you can't troubleshoot it, who cares. I'm just happy the site works all the time!
thumbs-up.gif

Neither, he used Nair.

:laugh:

For me too Rod, happened prior to the messenger. I did just clear cache and same issue, had to hit button twice. It always works the second time so no big deal from my end, just wanted to chime in that it wasn't a limited issue to the OP.

PJ

It's been happening to me also for at least a month. It always works on the 2nd try though.