• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Murcielago - great cigar at a very decent price

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Quick review and a heads up on the Murcielago line of smokes.  Several of the big stores have them at really decent prices right now, and I bit on a box of Toro's....for about $65.00  I'd tried one when these first came out, and recalled they were a solid smoke.  Got my box of Toro's (6 1/8 X 50) today and my memory was right.  They are great cigars, pretty fantastic at this price.  Blended by Espinosa and Ortega.  What you get is a Mexican San Andreas Maduro wrapper, Mexcian binder, and Nicaraguan filler.  Rolled at the "My Father" tabacalara in Nicaragua....which means you know you're getting a well made smoke.  

Not as much spice on the front of the tongue as the other Pepin smokes...but a solid, very well made, great cigar.  The flavor profile reminds me very much of the Ortega Serie D smokes.  Dense clouds of nicely fragrant smoke, burn and draw was spot on.  Nutty, maybe a little leather in there...very smooth.  I like them quite a bit better than the Tatuaje "Mexican Experiment" bundles that came out recently.  Lots smoother, far less bite.  Really pleasing, got to admit I was impressed.  MSRP on these was around $9.00 when they first came out.  I may score another box while the price is right...they are really darn good cigars.  For about $3.25 a stick, I think these are fantastic "burners" or daily smokes, easy to recommend.  

Enjoy - B.B.S.

Yea I was surprised at how good the stick is when I tried them. I think the San Andreas wrapper is what I like about it.

I have been looking at trying these for a while now.  I think I might have to pick up a 5er to see if I like them.

Yes Tom, I love that wrapper. It's a great, inexpensive smoke. Thanks Eddie and Eric.

Thanks for the post BBS....I'll definately get a 5 pk to try.

I've gone through four boxes and was never disappointed. Love that wrapper, too!

Very nice review. I've never had one of these cigars but I plan to track some down this week. Your review was quite convincing.

i had a 5er last year... it was a good smoke but lacked consistency from stick to stick

flame said:
i had a 5er last year... it was a good smoke but lacked consistency from stick to stick

Please use proper punctuation and capitalization when post here at CP!

Thanks,
Paul 

flame said:
Ok....sorry about that...

No worries! I would say grammar too but I probably the worst engish speaking member at proper grammar. LOL

My last order to Issy I gave him my CC and said Surprise me with some stuff. He threw one of these in. I sure liked it. I noticed my B&M has them.....$10.50 a stick. EFF the peoples republic of Kalifornia!

2K6TBSS said:

Ok....sorry about that...

No worries! I would say grammar too but I probably the worst engish speaking member at proper grammar. LOL

No Paul, you talk good English.

Speak it, type it, read it... Its all bad! LOL

there was a lonsdale shape we used to get that was pretty good. I think it was exclusive to the west coast.

These have been a great under the radar smoke for me. 

Just pulled the trigger on a box each of , toros, toro grandes, and Rothschilds.