• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My 1st Power Ranger

klipsch

No more Room ≠ No more Cigars
Herfing at one of the local B&M's has become a regular event on Saturdays for myself and a hand full of the regulars. No TV...just some background music and good conversations. Yesterday was great, and I had the chance to lite up my first Power Ranger (Opus xXx). WOW! What a great cigar! I'd smoked two other Opus' till now...a No. 4 and Super Belicoso, which where both wonderful, but the xXx really took me by surprise. It started off a little slow, because I had cut the head sparingly and really wasn't getting a good enough draw. I actually cut it two more times (using my new Palio ;) ), and the 3rd was the charm. I was floored! It started peppery and and just got more so. It actually left an after taste on my tongue like I had just eaten something peppered heavily, and after the 1st half was done, it continued to become even more distinct. Every puff was a continuing, more amazing experience. The cigar burned nearly perfectly, requiring a touch up only once, and lasted a good hour and 15 minutes (we closed the shop). What a fantastic cigar. Can't wait to have another of these.

xXx is one of my favorites. Glad you enjoyed it. If you get the chance, also try the PerfecXion X as well. Just as good but a little larger. Yesterday I herfed in Alexandria with several BOTL from CP and smoked a Super Beli on the way home. Another great stick. I hope you don't get addicted to Opus. But you will. LOL

You are now infected like me. Come, let us share stories of our new Opus habit! :sign:

I think I've got these for Opus'. This is getting way outta hand. I just started smoking again 4 months ago, and I'm already chasing these puppies around MA, RI and CT. :whistling:

No. 4
No. 5
Petite Lancero
Feunte Fuente
xXx
Super Beli
Chateau Reserve
No. 2

The shop owner (Isy knows Donna) showed me her BBMF (2004?) Baby BBMF, Chili Pepper, Original Anejo and others that slip my mind right now. One of the regulars laughed because I was drooling holding these in my hands. :laugh:

I can't believe how much I've spent in only 4 months or even just this month. And for all intensive purposes, I've really just started smoking. I don't think that a few months in "97" really counts for anything other than creating a list of cigars to begin filling my humi with. My life was so much simpler when I thought I was only going to smoke ACID's. :blush:

I smoked my first Power Ranger last weekend, it was from 2000 and it was fantastic. I hear that the freshies can knock you on your ass.

I had my first "power ranger" last week. Was good, but had a lot of burn issues. But I think it was because it didn't have enough time in the humi. So I'll awhile before I smoke the others I bought.

I had my first Super Belli yesterday, it had horrible burn issues, I don't even know how many times I had to re light it. Beside that minor inconvenience it was still incredibly enjoyable.

I had my first Super Belli yesterday, it had horrible burn issues, I don't even know how many times I had to re light it. Beside that minor inconvenience it was still incredibly enjoyable.
I was told that when smoking an Opus to keep a lighter or matches near, because Carlito doesn't put the leaf in the middle of an Opus that is in other cigars to keep them burning. Apparently he thought that it affected the taste enough not to include it. I haven't had any issues with having to relight one yet.

Just dry box the freshies for a day & you shouldn't have any burn issues.At least thats what I do.

Herfing at one of the local B&M's has become a regular event on Saturdays for myself and a hand full of the regulars. No TV...just some background music and good conversations. Yesterday was great, and I had the chance to lite up my first Power Ranger (Opus xXx). WOW! What a great cigar! I'd smoked two other Opus' till now...a No. 4 and Super Belicoso, which where both wonderful, but the xXx really took me by surprise. It started off a little slow, because I had cut the head sparingly and really wasn't getting a good enough draw. I actually cut it two more times (using my new Palio ;) ), and the 3rd was the charm. I was floored! It started peppery and and just got more so. It actually left an after taste on my tongue like I had just eaten something peppered heavily, and after the 1st half was done, it continued to become even more distinct. Every puff was a continuing, more amazing experience. The cigar burned nearly perfectly, requiring a touch up only once, and lasted a good hour and 15 minutes (we closed the shop). What a fantastic cigar. Can't wait to have another of these.

I have to agree with everyone here, I really love the xXx. Try a Petite Lancero if you can get our hand on it. I really enjoyed the last one that I smoked!

Just dry box the freshies for a day & you shouldn't have any burn issues.At least thats what I do.

That might work, but I'm the kind of guy that has spur of the moment decisions on what to smoke. Never really plan what I'm gonna smoke unless it's a special event or something like that.