• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My 3000th post contest

1. What is my Rate and Rank in the Coast Guard? A rate is a 2-3 letter designation of my MOS.
ET1 - E-6
2. What is my current duty station? (Unit name, not location)
USS Thetis WMEC-910, split off from answer to #3
3. What is the class/type of ship I am on? Length will suffice.
270' Medium Endurance Cutter
4. Where is the Coast Guard Academy?
New London, CT
5. What is the Tall Ship home ported at the Academy?
The Eagle
6. Where is the Coast Guard school for my rating? Area/City and State.
Portsmouth, VA
7. What is the name of the High School I graduated from and what City is it in? (On Oleander Dr)
Colonial HS
6100 Oleander Dr
Orlando, FL
8. What year did I graduate High School? That should be easy to figure out.
9. What state was I born in?
Florida
10. What was the name of my first box pass?
"Seconds & Alts Pass"
11. Name all the passes I have started.
Seconds & Alts Pass, Ready to go Home Pass, Holidays Cigar Pass, Working Mans Pass.
12. Name 3 other CP’ers at each herf.
Miami Herf : Ricmac25, Cigah Smokah, Pepe
Richmond / Confederacy / Mooch Herf I: Leebo, Shadow, Stogieman
13. What 2 Herfs have I attended?
Miami Herf, Richmond / Confederacy / Mooch Herf I
14. If I could smoke only 1 cigar for the rest of my life, what would it be? (The answer is in at least 2 different threads.)
Original Release Anjeo Shark
15. How many children do I have?
Three
16. What kind of dog do I have?
Labrador

How'd I do? First one to post your rate, I think....

-K-

Emo

as of 2000 12JUN04
CC: 9
WAM: 3
Geldor:12 WOW!
AVB:0 WOW, just like your ASVAB score, no wonder you were a Jarhead!
Tremayne:11

Geldor and CC have correct answers, but added too much info, or put the info down incorrectly. 
You guys are combining answer for 2 and 3 together. But I am giving it to you anyways.
I'll accept 2 different answers for #6. 1 is a mailing address, and 1 is a land mark.

This post has been edited by emodx on Jun 12 2004, 07:55 PM

Wouldn't that be
1900 12JUN04 if we were going to go by EST as opposed to EDT as stated here:
All times will be submitted in 24-hour format. All time’s will be for Eastern Time, and not adjusted for daylights savings.
So instead of simply changing your response to the right answer, which you know already, you are going to cry and give up? You are either spoiled rotten or spoiled rotten.  So just take 1 second and fix your answer.
:lookup:
???
Fix it to what, so you can change the rules again?
"spoiled rotten" c'mon is that really necessary?
You start a complicated contest, problems arise and you toss insults, WTF?

Sorry, wasn't meaning any harm at all. Just poking at ya. PM sent.

Emo

coventrycat86 said:
Emo

as of 2000 12JUN04
CC: 9
WAM: 3
Geldor:12 WOW!
AVB:0 WOW, just like your ASVAB score, no wonder you were a Jarhead!
Tremayne:11

Geldor and CC have correct answers, but added too much info, or put the info down incorrectly. 
You guys are combining answer for 2 and 3 together. But I am giving it to you anyways.
I'll accept 2 different answers for #6. 1 is a mailing address, and 1 is a land mark.

This post has been edited by emodx on Jun 12 2004, 07:55 PM

Wouldn't that be
1900 12JUN04 if we were going to go by EST as opposed to EDT as stated here:
All times will be submitted in 24-hour format. All time’s will be for Eastern Time, and not adjusted for daylights savings.
So instead of simply changing your response to the right answer, which you know already, you are going to cry and give up? You are either spoiled rotten or spoiled rotten.  So just take 1 second and fix your answer.
:lookup:
???
Fix it to what, so you can change the rules again?
"spoiled rotten" c'mon is that really necessary?
You start a complicated contest, problems arise and you toss insults, WTF?
Bill, that last line is automatically inserted by the board. If you look at the top, you can see the time stamp that I added myself.

Emo

If you can see the lightning, hear the thunder and ain't a raghead, you too can work for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children :D

You sure I didn't get #1 right? :sign: :sign:

I updated my first post too.

Bill, that last line is automatically inserted by the board. If you look at the top, you can see the time stamp that I added myself.

Emo

Yeah but 7:55PM EDT is 1855 EST and you stated in the contest rules:

So why add confusion to this whole mess my doing your updates in EDT?

ok ima get a guess in so here goes
1. ET1 E-6
2. USCGC Thetis WMEC-910
3. 270' medium endurance cutter
4. New London, CT
5. The Eagle
6. Petaluma, CA
7. Colonial Hs, Orlando
8. 1992
9. CA
10.Second and Alts
11. second and Alts, Ready to go home, holiday, (2)working mans
12. miami - cigah smokuh, ricmac, pepe
mooch - lee, stogie-man, shadow
13. mooch, miami
14 original release shark
15. 3
16. Golden Retriver(sp)

last update 6/18/04 at 6:07 pm central time

coventrycat86 said:

Emo

Yeah but 7:55PM EDT is 1855 EST and you stated in the contest rules:

So why add confusion to this whole mess my doing your updates in EDT?
You are correct. I screwed that one up by not considering for the fact the board is adjusted already. Make sure you guys don't go by board time, because that is adjusted. So there is no confusion(or to make more confusion), the winning time will be Zulu -5(damn computer screwed me up again lol). This whole Daylight Saving Time is dumb. :p

Also, for the question on Herf's, since the threads called them herfs, I will accept the Panama City and Orlando herfs. By asking to name 3 other people I thought that narrowed down what I was looking for. Regardless, you guys are using the search function and learning more about the board and the boards past, which was my goal on the outset. :)

The reasoning behind having the exact answer with no extra info is to keep people from abusing the leniency and putting 15 random guesses down in hops of one being correct. Bu seeing how that was not CC's intent, I will eat crow and allow his answers. :thumbs:

Emo

Just so ya know, an SW in the Navy is a Steel Worker so SW1 is a Steel Worker First Class. An ET is an Electronics Technician so ET1 is ....y'all can figure it out. Hope this helps.

And all this time Emo said he was an electronics guy when he's really a steel worker :D

aeroswat said:
hey emo
first one to get all 16 first gets a prize right :thumbs:
Shawn
If someone gets all 16, I am sure something will get out their way pretty quick ;)

aeroswat said:
emo
for 12 and 13 are you looking for the exact name and username
Shawn
Just the Herf and the username. I don't expect you guys to beable to come up with proper names for everybody,

Emo

aeroswat said:
ok ima get a guess in so here goes
1. ET1 E-6
2. USCGC Thetis WMEC-910
3. 270' medium endurance cutter
4. New London, CT
5. The Eagle
6. Petaluma, CA
7. Colonial Hs, Orlando
8. 1992
9. CA
10.Second and Alts
11. second and Alts, Ready to go home, holiday, (2)working mans
12. miami - cigah smokuh, ricmac, pepe
mooch - lee, stogie-man, shadow
13. mooch, miami
14 original release shark
15. 3
16. Golden Retriver(sp)

last update 6/18/04 at 6:07 pm central time
Whoot :thumbs: Shawn got them all. There were 3 that I tought whould give you guys a challange. Way to stick with it. I wil get a nice little sampler out to you tomorrow. Remember, all guesses on my time of post need to be in by the time I hit 2975. You guys can change your guesses as much as you want until that point. Good luck and thanks for playing!

Emo